LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 8800M GTX, wanting to flash to GeForce 9800M GT ?

radixxx

I am now wondering if it would be possible to flash my card GeForce 8800m GTX to make it a GeForce 9800M GT knowing that the GeForce 9800M GT is actually a rebranded GeForce 8800M GTX :)

GeForce 9800M GT do seem to use the same G92M graphics chipset, both still being on 65nm and some amount of shaders . Apparently DELL has already released the 8800m GTX BIOS from the 9800M GT and the improved cooling, I have seen these listings on eBay U.S. :)

Some clevo users have done this.

Keep in mind the new 9800M GTs are slightly different hardware wise so their BIOS will not be compatible. (Or so I hear)

Also make a backup of your current GPU's BIOSes before you flash and learn how to reflash it without being able to see an image on your screen.

We've seen too many users screw their cards up this way, and they come back here crying for help.

Thank you for your reply Bill, just as I thought that it is not the end of it is compatible.

I've seen several people report back on doing that Radi and it makes no difference at all.

Don't know what you mean about with Dell and on eBay though.

Guest, you can't do that. We are talking about the same card under different names here.

Thanks Bill, I read this post :)

I don't know the answer to that question, and its off topic.

You should start a new topic about that particular card if you want people to find your question.

Guest_Guest_Fatal1ty_*_* this post is dedicated 8800M GTX card !!