LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help! getting "faiiled to utilize video overlay in your card" when using latest drivers

jmg

trying to play back blue ray in my inspiron 9300, with a 7800gtx video card.

Just downloaded the most recent driver, and I get the above error when I try to play back blu ray.

I've tried the inf fix from the inf enhancer (changing the values of overlay2,3,and 4 in the inf field), but no luck.

Anyone else have this issue?

Also, on a total different note, am I wasting my time trying to play blu ray on this machine? It falls within the specs posted on the blue ray cite-- albeit all my specs are pretty close to the low end of the spectrum, it *should* be able to play blu ray.

thanks.

You don't say what prog you are using to try and view blu ray, or whether you have disabled overlay mode.

I'm using total media, but get the same error when using power dvd.

Note that this is *only* for blue rays, not for dvds.

How do I disable overlay? I don't see that option in the nvidia control panel..

thanks.

It will be a player option, if it can change to an alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue (no Overlay) with the exact same program (TotalMedia Theater) with the latest notebook drivers (179.48).

I contacted their support and they've told me they couldn't reproduce the problem there. However, they could only test with 178.XX drivers. I have tested with my laptop default driver (101.28!!!!) and it plays BluRay fine. So this is a driver issue. Is there a way, like a registry setting, that would enable the overlay mixer on this driver?

Thank you all.