LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista x64, keeps uninstalling SP1

mobilenvidia

Twice in one week now SP1 has uninstalled.

After the first time, it found a heap of security patches which it installed.

Then it promptly installed SP1 again straight sfter.

Didn't mind it the first time for the security patches, did find it odd though.

Now today I discover it's uninstalling again, but this time no other updates.

Anybody else having this issue just started to happen with no prompting from me.

Become quite annoying especially on the road, waiting for it uninstall then reinstall, before I can do anything.

WHOOPs sorry not SP1 Beta (got confused with Win 7 which works just fine)

SP1 full from MS.

I do see it installed unistaller for SP1, which I don't remember giving permission to do so.

Guest burfadel2

Are you sure is SP1 beta? that could explain a lot! Sp1 has been out for a year now, although the final build wasn't made available till April I think. I'm guessing you mean SP2, which is now in beta. I wouldn't worry about sp2, just stick with sp1 and download the updates :)

Sorry guys, SP1 beta is with my Win 7 partition, which is behaving so far.

I suppose I should install SP1 again now it decided to uninstall it.

Its doing this for SP2 BETA in Vista x64, same thing. Security updates the first time around and then nothing the second time around.

Its doing this for SP2 BETA in Vista x64, same thing. Security updates the first time around and then nothing the second time around.

So it is, I can see it now in Windows Update, wonder why it didn't tell me it was already downloaded.

Really odd, don't really like all this uninstalling and mucking about without notice.

Just installing SP2 beta now.

If you mean SP2 beta, i had a similar problem, a new version came out for SP2 beta on the 3rd of Feb, i think, and its trying to install itself after it uninstalls the old one, but what happened was after the installer ran it installed the old version of SP2 beta. the second time i just uninstalled it from windows update and downloaded the stand alone installer for the new version of SP2 beta. here is a link to where i got my download from [Link]

It's just installed build 16497 the same version it uninstalled the other day.

Must then grab this actual newer beta release.

try with a better w.vista release :) :)

What would that be, Win 7 ?

If you mean SP2 beta, i had a similar problem, a new version came out for SP2 beta on the 3rd of Feb, i think, and its trying to install itself after it uninstalls the old one, but what happened was after the installer ran it installed the old version of SP2 beta. the second time i just uninstalled it from windows update and downloaded the stand alone installer for the new version of SP2 beta. here is a link to where i got my download from [Link]

Thanks that fixed it for me.

Only Windows could update to a version already installed and then go into a looop of installing then removing the same software.

BTW it tried to install the previous Beta SP2 again.

Once uninstalled and am now installing the latest SP2 beta, as downloaded from above :)

Lets hope it stops this infernal time wasting