LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need Help with NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

bugmenot

Hello people, i am quite a noob when it comes to computering...

I have an HP laptop running 32 bit vista (actually Win 7) and whenever i play a game like Counter Strike: Source i get around 60 fps but after 5-10 mins it drops to 9-10. I was looking around the forum, but since im a noob i could not find any instructions and fixes (ex// getting an modded .inf or using an older driver)...

So please, people, i request you to help me. Please provide me the links to the "driver" or whatever and please also provide me some instructions.

Thanking You so much,

Simon.

(also if it matters i think it is b/c of my gpu temp. increase it is usually at 70-78 C when i play for some time i get around 90?)

if you are averaging 70-80c under idel or normal operation....this is your problem. I am running vista 32bit and windows 7 64bit (dual booted) on an HP with the same gpu. my idel temps avg. 48-50c usually 55-58c under normal use and has never gone above 75c during gaming. Make sure the fan and heatsink are clear of dust build up. Also, after trying nearly every driver i can get hold of, 181.20 seems to be the best for windows 7 64 bit and 181.20 for Vista 32 bit for my 7150m/630m.

Edited by troy

drivers here http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers . guide to installing modded driver is here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997 keep in mind that 2 exact model laptops with the exact same hardware might still behave differently with different drivers, but this could be a fix or a starting point and yes, a chill mat should help, just make sure the dust is out of the fan/heat sink.....try a can of compressed air. works very well and good luck!

Edited by troy