LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer 6920g

RanCorX2

Just wondering as I recently got one, so I can play BF2/2142 on the move. It's got a 9500M GS 512MB in it, I have it oc'd a bit atm as a test. Is my laptop upgradable? I looks like it has a mxm type card, but I don't which sort?

I'm holding off buying anything as I don't want to waste a 100+ quid on something that won't fit or be compatible. Also why do these mxm cards cost more than normal desktop cards?

Thanks.

it should be a MXM II card the best you can upgrade to is the GF 9650M GT ... and as for the price , well i suppose its because much higher production cost (due to the smaller size and low temp needs) and because they are rare ...

The 9600M GT and 9650M GT are hard to come by, especially with the Acer video BIOS on them.

There has been exactly ONE case of a confirmed upgrade for an Aspire 6920G to the 9600M GT, but no benchmarks were posted to show whether or not the card was running at full speed.

Feel free to try.