LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista / Win7 x64 and Flash Video

Guest Eiven

Whenever I am viewing a video in flash on either Windows Vista or Windows 7 the video stutters and runs at a low framerate. I have a 8600M GT, 2ghz Core 2 Duo and 4gigs of ram. I tried un-checking the 'enable hardware acceleration' box in Flash 10 and it still stutters. It seems that the video card doesn't accelerate the flash video if the box is checked or unchecked. Any help would be appreciated.

You sure it's not just your internet connection?

Does it happen when you've allowed the video to buffer ahead sufficiently?

What driver are you using? Do you have any power management active?

Have you reinstalled Flash? What version\browser are you using? Are you running it full screen?

Recommend you use Dox's driver version 181.22 and disable powermizer/force full performance.

I have done both the things you reccomend and still it stutters. It uses ~90%CPU in chrome and ~95% in Firefox. It stutters some in the smaller video, but it is unwatchable in full-screen.

Is the browser alone hogging that much of the processor?

You haven't said which flash version or if you've checked your power management settings.

You say latest, but I'm wondering version number please, or at least whether v9 or v10.

You need to look into the advanced settings for power management, to check that the CPU isn't being reduced.

On a 2Ghz C2D, for Firefox to use 40% CPU with a flash video embedded does not seem right. My 2.5Ghz uses 5-8%