LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[Help!]My laptop Graphics driver cant work? Or is my Graphics Card faulty?

NdZb

Good Day to all =)

Im new to this forums, came across while trying to find out solution for my Laptop graphics card which seems to have gave up on me =(

Some general information:

[*]Laptop Make/Model - Toshiba M30

[*]Graphics Card -- Nvidia Geforce FX Go5200

[*]Current working Driver Version --None

[*]Last Useable Driver Version -- Unknown

[*]Operating System --Windows XP Pro SP3

[*]An accurate description of the issue at hand -- Was booting up my computer last night, went afk before it completed booting. When i came back, Windows started apparently with only 4 colours... Went to Device Manager, raelised that my Graphics Card is not "working properly". I proceeded to display settings, turned it back to 32-color and 1024/768 view and tried be friendly to my eyes.

Previously, my laptop have shown signs of problems. Some very long time last year, approximately 8 months or so ago, My laptop gave up on me, when i turn it on, nothing was moving, noteven the Fan, but the "Power On" light was there. I sent to a friend's recommendation technician, he changed the Ram from 512mb (2x256) to a 1 x 1gb ram and changed a hardrive for me. Didnt do anything elses.

All was fine until 4 months ago, weird dotted pixels appeared. They were random. If i minimized the window and resurface it, it is "cured" for a few minutes, then it will resurface again. I called up the technician, he said it might be the graphics card that was spoilt. But however, having some bvad experiences with him, i decided to ignore (bad decision) thinking that he's trying to squeeze some money out from me.

This dotted line symptoms came along with this "hang" that occurs whenever i play a video, or get to any folders which has a video. The hang will happen when a video is played, for like 5 seconds and resume operations for 1-2 seconds, then hang for a long time for about 30-45 seconds. During these "hang" periods, even my Windows Media Player songs were not playing.I ignored it as i only needed my laptop for work purposes. Also, it came with the blue screen when i run too much programs. It prolly like video streaming, Wmessenger, Skype, and when i add on a Warcraft 3 game, the blue screen comes out. Not always though.

And finally, last night it chose to gave up on me.

[*]NERD Log -- How does this work, Sorry, but im really new/noob at this... Would appreciate any advise to help me..

Yeah, thats what happened and some background information..

Could anyone provide any advises?

Thanks alot in advance!

Best regards,

NdZb

Are u into heavy Gaming?

What are ur gfx chip temps w/d load and w/o load?

try changing ur drivers, if it does not help then may be ur graphic card is faulty coz I use to have same problem with my Geforce go 6100 so my laptop's motherboard have to be changed :)

Are u into heavy Gaming?

What are ur gfx chip temps w/d load and w/o load?

try changing ur drivers, if it does not help then may be ur graphic card is faulty coz I use to have same problem with my Geforce go 6100 so my laptop's motherboard have to be changed :)

Im going to try to change my driver "now". Will be back later, hopefully everything works. Currently im as good as not installing any driver.. the one im trying to use was "not compatible".

I'll be installing the pack 53.04 as suggested by a fdriend... really hope it works >< =((

AlphaD, Apologies, but do you think you can guide me to find out whats my GFX Chip temps? (i assume its temprature) and what do you mean by with/without load?

With load means while playing any game and w/o load means when system is idle.

You can use 'Speedfan' software to find ur gfx chip's temp which u can download from the link provided-Speed Fan