LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fujitsu amilo xi 1546 ati 3650 gddr3 bios alienware for fan afficency?

Gigione

hi people,

My cousin gave me his Amilo xi 1546 (but with mother-board of amilo pi1556) with intel c2d t7400, because he has broken the video card (ati x1800).

I have buy and installed an ati 3650 gddr3 green pcb , and function great :)

, i have the 1.25 system bios on my amilo.

i hear the fan have 3 step of speed function

the 1 level speed is when the therm junction(non the core temp) is at 61°C ad the fan run until the therm reaches 50°C

the 2 level spped start when the therm reaches the temp of 70°C

the 3 level(i suppose 80°C) I have not yet reached ... luckily :)

i wnat to know if i reflash with an alienware bios the fan level 2 fan speed will be active at 65°C, rather than 70°C with original bios fujtsu 1.25?

I would like to know which bios Alienware can put on my notebook with an amilo pi 1556 motherboard???

is there a bios fujitsu that activates the 2 level fan speed around 65°C therm temp?

thanks in advance :P

Edited by Gigione

• 2 months later...
hi people,

My cousin gave me his Amilo xi 1546 (but with mother-board of amilo pi1556) with intel c2d t7400, because he has broken the video card (ati x1800).

I have buy and installed an ati 3650 gddr3 green pcb , and function great :)

, i have the 1.25 system bios on my amilo.

i hear the fan have 3 step of speed function

the 1 level speed is when the therm junction(non the core temp) is at 61°C ad the fan run until the therm reaches 50°C

the 2 level spped start when the therm reaches the temp of 70°C

the 3 level(i suppose 80°C) I have not yet reached ... luckily :)

i wnat to know if i reflash with an alienware bios the fan level 2 fan speed will be active at 65°C, rather than 70°C with original bios fujtsu 1.25?

I would like to know which bios Alienware can put on my notebook with an amilo pi 1556 motherboard???

is there a bios fujitsu that activates the 2 level fan speed around 65°C therm temp?

thanks in advance :P

I do not really know about levels when fan kicks in. I thinks about 55°C on alinenware 1.19 likw on fujitsu 1.17 bios. I have tried to swap original pi1536 mobo for xi1546 but it does not work with xi1546. So you havw mistaken what kind of mobo you have got. My temperature never reached 80 so I do not know.

• 2 weeks later...
I do not really know about levels when fan kicks in. I thinks about 55°C on alinenware 1.19 likw on fujitsu 1.17 bios. I have tried to swap original pi1536 mobo for xi1546 but it does not work with xi1546. So you havw mistaken what kind of mobo you have got. My temperature never reached 80 so I do not know.

i put he alienware 2.07 and the 2 nd level fan speed kicks in at 65°c therm temp :) . Ihave an amilo xi 1546 with the mobo of an amilo pi 1556 (without the via raid chipset), the replace was made by fujitsu siemens assistance in italy.

my temp too never reached 80°c

• 5 months later...
Guest King_Arthas

I install this card http://cgi.ebay.com/...E:X:RTQ:US:1123 on my Amilo xi 1526

Because of this http://forum.ts.fuji...hp?f=92&t=38104

I tried FSC bios 1.20, 1.25, 1.26, 1.27, Alienware 1.19 and 2.06 in all the cases GPU stay in range of 80C when idle on XP and more on VISTA . Obviously only CPU temp cause fan speed changes. When running 3dmark temp rise to 100C. GPU critical temp is 110C set in VBIOS.

Previously i notice with my go7600 that fun running always faster under XP. But now i can not find the combination of bios and intel inf tool "Chipset Mobile Intel" that causing fan to run at higher rpm.

Amilo is very quite as always, and fan running mostly on low speed, or not at all.