LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Weird driver behaviour

Gernot

Hey all,

I have a weird behavior of my HP HDX18 (running Windows Vista 64 bit).

After installing the "modded inf drivers" the Laptop does not play BluRay DVDs any more. I can access the BluRay file system so I assume that the BluRay drive is working.

HP support recommended a video driver update - BUT...

When I try to install the recommended update of the display driver from the HP HDX18 support site, it installs and the laptop remains working (I hear sounds when receiving new emails or when wiping my finger on the finger print sensor), but the result is simply a black screen.

Same thing when using the nvidia beta drivers for notebooks.

I tried to first switch to Standard VGA, then removing the old driver package, then installing the new driver. Same result: A black screen.

I have to perform a windows system recovery to get back to a working display again.

HP support also recommended a "hard recovery" with a complete re-installation of Windows, but since I just finished the complete installation of all programs I need, this is not what I really want.

Any other idea how to entirely remove the modded inf driver and get the original HP drivers installed??

Video drivers are currently listed as Version 7.15.11.8084

Thanks for any hints,

Gernot