LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.05

Dox

Guest chomi_24

I've done some comparison benchmark test w/ this driver against the nvidia forceware 179.48 for mobile GPU.

Here is my sig:

Dell XPS m1530 (1280x800 resolution)

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x86

Intel core 2 duo T8300 @ 2.4GHZ (undervolted FID=12x; VID=1.0500)

4GB ddr2 667mhz memory (3.5GB utilized by windows)

320GB HDD @ 5400rpm WD

Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT gddr3 256mb

I've used :) .gif may cry 4 & World in conflict perfomance test utility:

All test has been done once only and the cpu has been lock to its max performance via RMclock Utility just to prevent variation of cpu utilization.

Here it is:

:) .gif may cry 4: high settings, DX10, AA off, framerate sets to variable,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scene 1 scene 2 scene 3 scene 4 Max temp

stock clock 44.72fps 30.13fps 50.78fps 25.82fps 72c

o/c (650/1375/900) 60.95fps 43.20fps 71.63fps 34.49fps 76c

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

182.05 dox optimised

stock clock 46.28fps 32.78fps 56.52fps 29.81fps 73c

o/c (650/1375/900) 65.08fps 45.81fps 77.52fps 41.13fps 77c

WIC: Medium settings, DX9, AA off

stock clock= 28 fps (Average) Max Temp= 71c

o/c (650/1375/900)= 37 fps (Average) Max Temp= 74c

-------------------------------------------------------------------

182.05 dox optimised

stock clock= 29 fps (Average) Max Temp= 73c

o/c (650/1375/900)= 39 fps (Average) Max Temp= 74c

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides from the sleep mode and hibernation is working properly on this driver even when powermizer is on, (for the 1st time on my sig from 18xxx drivers) I've noticed that the temp was very good as well, slight difference from the forceware 179.48.

Thank you very much Dox wonderful job...

This is what we call "EXIT WITH GRACE"...

I'm gonna keep this driver until nvidia defeats this one or until your next release...

Thanks again... See you around...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ^nox

• Codyksp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's a damn good driver for 9600M GT ddr3, best 3dmarks score, games are running like heaven and cherry on the cake, temps are lower than 179.28 or 179.48. You made a strike on this release Dox. Thanx a lot !!!

Guest bl33ch0r

Hi,

is there any chance to add the tray icon back gain? Actually I have really been using it, so I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to do it, what files to copy, etc. thx;)

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I only use your drivers and they have made having a laptop to game on a much nicer experience and now your not going to mod drivers for so long!

Why, why, why!

THIS SUCKS.

read the FAQ.

I have always removed physX from my drivers to reduce file size, before pieter decided to do the same.

If users read the installing readme then they would have known they needed to install physX after my installing my drivers.

Eh, many people (myself included) don't read those things lol.

Guest ShnikeJSB

Oddly, all of the 18x.xx series drivers have worked for me when it comes to sleep working correctly, yet this driver -- the one that is supposed to fix things (and HAS for so many) -- gives me a black screen and a reboot when atempting to wake from sleep... But the performance is solid -- definitely works better than any driver I've tried so far for Fallout 3 (all I have played so far since installing them).

With both Tony (at NBF.com) and TweakForce (nee Xtreme-G) taking what seems like half-a-year in between their modded mobile driver releases, this will be a sad and stagnant time for us notebook gamers. :)

We surely do appreciate the time and effort you've put into your drivers for us, Dox. Always timely, and always here to answer questions. We'll see ya in a few months, hopefully with a new/great set of drivers! :)

I've done some comparison benchmark test w/ this driver against the nvidia forceware 179.48 for mobile GPU.

Here is my sig:

Dell XPS m1530 (1280x800 resolution)

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x86

Intel core 2 duo T8300 @ 2.4GHZ (undervolted FID=12x; VID=1.0500)

4GB ddr2 667mhz memory (3.5GB utilized by windows)

320GB HDD @ 5400rpm WD

Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT gddr3 256mb

I've used :) .gif may cry 4 & World in conflict perfomance test utility:

All test has been done once only and the cpu has been lock to its max performance via RMclock Utility just to prevent variation of cpu utilization.

Here it is:

:) .gif may cry 4: high settings, DX10, AA off, framerate sets to variable,

scene 1 scene 2 scene 3 scene 4 Max temp

stock clock 44.72fps 30.13fps 50.78fps 25.82fps 72c

o/c (650/1375/900) 60.95fps 43.20fps 71.63fps 34.49fps 76c

182.05 dox optimised

stock clock 46.28fps 32.78fps 56.52fps 29.81fps 73c

o/c (650/1375/900) 65.08fps 45.81fps 77.52fps 41.13fps 77c

WIC: Medium settings, DX9, AA off

stock clock= 28 fps (Average) Max Temp= 71c

o/c (650/1375/900)= 37 fps (Average) Max Temp= 74c

-------------------------------------------------------------------

182.05 dox optimised

stock clock= 29 fps (Average) Max Temp= 73c

o/c (650/1375/900)= 39 fps (Average) Max Temp= 74c

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides from the sleep mode and hibernation is working properly on this driver even when powermizer is on, (for the 1st time on my sig from 18xxx drivers) I've noticed that the temp was very good as well, slight difference from the forceware 179.48.

Thank you very much Dox wonderful job...

This is what we call "EXIT WITH GRACE"...

I'm gonna keep this driver until nvidia defeats this one or until your next release...

Thanks again... See you around...

What program do you use to OC your GPU?

RivaTuner 2.23 is out with a lot of changes, fixes and support for the 18x.xx family.

great driver. problem with sleeping mode fixed for me.

but one small problem is still alive for my fx 570m under windows vista 64bit sp1. i'm not able to activate scaling, while me external monitor is active. already tried the enoverscanfix from nvidia with no luck. used original graphic card drivers from fujitsu siemens for my h250 - no luck. tried differnt drivers from this page - no luck. now i'll stay at the dox driver because of the great preformance.

image of the problem i mean: http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2163/scalingmu3.jpg

it would be great if anyone could help me with the scaling problem.

not sure about laptop, but when i use my lcd monitor connected to my desktop with VGA cable I cannot activate scaling too. it works when i changed to DVI cable. you can try it too.

not sure about laptop, but when i use my lcd monitor connected to my desktop with VGA cable I cannot activate scaling too. it works when i changed to DVI cable. you can try it too.

the vga cable can't support scaling, this is not my problem and i know of this. the lcd is connected with a dvi cable and i can't use scaling.

Anyone found solution to problem with acer aspire 5930g gf 9600 ddr3 with solutions (max 1024/768) when native should be 1280/800 . Thanks. BTW power of this driver is incredible.

Hi, thank you very much for these drivers that are the best around nvidia drivers laptop!!!!

My Acer 5920g whit GeForce 8600gt work really good .

One word, Dox the best!!!!!! :) :)

Anyone know if Dual-View allows you to use the secondary monitor as the primary rather than the laptop LCD with these? Didn't seem to work with the Dox modified 181.22.

Guest sladeviper

Great drivers Dox.

Just one thing I've noticed with all of your drivers is that when I check GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Nvidia System Information, etc., they all list the video card PCI-E Link @ x1 instead of x16. The offical nvidia drivers list the correct bus link of @ x16. I think this is just a mistake though since I don't notice any performance problems. I wonder if it would just be a simple fix to get it to list the proper bus link?

My Config:

Clevo M860TU

C2D T9400

Geforce 9800M GT

2GB DDR3 1066

Windows XP Pro SP3

Guest The Mad Mule

Huh, sad story. Today I brought my laptop to class with me, and so I closed the lid a few times (putting it in Sleep mode).

Now I'm back in my dorm room, and I noticed that my frame rates have dropped faster than a lemming off a cliff. I'm getting at least half of what I normally get.

I did restart the computer, and it's still doing it.

So...back to another driver I guess.

Guest The Mad Mule

Oh wooow, call me stupid! I was halfway through downloading the Nvidia notebook drivers, when I checked my power settings: I forgot to take it off of: Power Saver.

So sorry for my last post! :)

Can anyone lead me to a guide to use Rivatuner on my 8200m. I keep seeing that rivatuner doesn't support mobile GPU's but from what I read here it does. So how do you guys use rivatuner? Some of rivatuners options that are supposed to be used for o/c'ing aren't there on my rivatuner

Just one thing I've noticed with all of your drivers is that when I check GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Nvidia System Information, etc., they all list the video card PCI-E Link @ x1 instead of x16. The offical nvidia drivers list the correct bus link of @ x16. I think this is just a mistake though since I don't notice any performance problems. I wonder if it would just be a simple fix to get it to list the proper bus link?

Dont worry about that, its just a mistake. No performance probs when I tested it on XP, so I wont be bother to look into it further.

Photoshop CS4 64 bit doesn't allow opengl acceleration with these drivers

These are based on Geforce drivers and optimised for gaming, Use a nother quadro driver to accelerate professional worstation apps.

Hey thanks for all your hard work. I just have one problem- well not really a problem as I don't really care but just to point it out, I've lost the ability to calibrate the powermizer option ie. adjust backlight settings etc. anyone else notice this? Anyways thanks again Cheers keep it up mate :) :)

- Oh and GTA4 stopped working from me. After reading other posts it seems it should still work....any suggestions?

Edited by xlimit