• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ^nox

• Codyksp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fastest benchmarker so far except 3DMark Vantage, where 185.20 is a little faster. Recommended!

...except HDMI doesn't work for me. Pitty. The first connection did recognize my TV, then nothing.

Here's 3dmark06 result on my system (Toshiba Satellite X200-24z with SLI 8600m GT) :

3dmark score : 7462

SM2.0 : 3388

HDR/SM3.0 : 3042

Which is so far the best results I've had, though I haven't tested the 185.20 drivers and I don't think I will given these very good results.

Guest ShnikeJSB

To this day, I'll never understand why SO MANY people use 3DMark as their end-all/be-all for whether or not to keep a driver... :)

How about testing a REAL game people... :)

3DMark is good - well, as a starting point to get a rough estimate about what to expect when gaming.

Guest ShnikeJSB
3DMark is good - well, as a starting point to get a rough estimate about what to expect when gaming.

This is why I said, "End-all/be-all"... Some people are just like, "Oh, this driver made me lose 200 points in 3DMark, so I'm going back to <insert older driver>." Which is retarded if you don't test out actual GAMES. Basing whether or not to keep a driver on only 3DMark is dumb -- plain and simple.

Guest chomi_24
This is why I said, "End-all/be-all"... Some people are just like, "Oh, this driver made me lose 200 points in 3DMark, so I'm going back to <insert older driver>." Which is retarded if you don't test out actual GAMES. Basing whether or not to keep a driver on only 3DMark is dumb -- plain and simple.

I Totally agree w/ you dude... 3dmark benchmark is kinda synthetic. They will just give you scores, thas why i stopped using it much better to save my disk space to other utility programs. Besides I'm sick and tired of it. Check out page 3 of this forum I've done benckmark on :) may cry 4 and WIC performance test utility w/ this driver against nvidia forceware 179.48 for mobile gpu...

I have the same problem with the resolutions. My card is 8800gts from gateway p6831fx. I'm running xpsp3 Please help! Thanks in advance!

Edited by dougy86

I just have one problem- well not really a problem as I don't really care but just to point it out, I've lost the ability to calibrate the powermizer option ie. adjust backlight settings etc. anyone else notice this?

Huh? AFAIK powermizer has never had those settings. Where did you find them? NVidia ctrl panel?

Maybe you're confusing things: powermizer is nothing but reg tweaks so GPU will downclock when idle.

Anyone found solution to problem with acer aspire 5930g gf 9600 ddr3 with solutions (max 1024/768) when native should be 1280/800 . Thanks. BTW power of this driver is incredible.

First of all I want to thank you Dox for all your awesome drivers but I seem to have some problem with this one. I have the same problem with the resolutions as these acer. My card is 8800m gts from gateway p6831fx. I'm running xpsp3 Please help! Thanks in advance!

I am having issues installing these drivers with my 9800M GT SLI configuration on Windows XP 32-bit. I have not had issues with previous versions that I had tried. Since it is an application installer (.exe), I cannot do the Have-Disk method (can I?). When I install it from the installer, I tried installing both at once, and then another time, both separately (with a reboot in between). I always uninstall my drivers and use DriverSweeper to remove as much of the nVidia remainder files as I can. Any help, please? They work on My Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS, with no issue.

hi dox,

These drivers seem to have problems with xp. the maximum resolution we can use is 1024x768 which is a shame for such a good set of drivers... It would be awesome if you could do something about this issue. Cheers mate!

Got 50 points in 3DMark06 more than Dox's 181.22. But the same performance in GTA IV though.

I'm not facing any sleep or resolution issues. THANKS man, you rock. Really !

Guest ShnikeJSB
Got 50 points in 3DMark06 more than Dox's 181.22. But the same performance in GTA IV though.

Now THIS is how 3DMark should be utilized! Basically, you can use it to see if there's anything wrong with the driver installation or something else went horribly wrong. It's basically for E-Peens and baseline comparative figures. As a mobile beta/driver tester for 4+ years (since the Xtreme-G days), I have pretty much stopped using 3DMark since the 97.x series of drivers.

A further observation I've had, is even GAMING BENCHMARKS themselves aren't always nearly good indicators of gameplay! A PERFECT example is Company of Heroes -- basically I take the MINIMUM score of the built-in benchmark as the REAL AVERAGE I get (multiplayer slows down A LOT). Plus, benchmarks usually can't reveal a driver's smoothness. I've had many-a-driver that benched high, but I didn't use because everything was jumpy and didn't seem smooth at all.

OK, I'm done, I swear... :)

I need help... when I try to install this driver for my 8600 GTS appears a massage: "the installer did not find drivers that are compatible with the installed equipment. The installation program stops."

I need help... when I try to install this driver for my 8600 GTS appears a massage: "the installer did not find drivers that are compatible with the installed equipment. The installation program stops."

You may have to manually add your card into the .inf file. I believe (not having ever had an incompatibility problem) you can go to where Dox's files are extracted, find the .inf, and replace it with a driver's .inf that worked for you. I've never tried it, but it makes sense. I'm not responsible for anything happening to your computer though lol

Guest chomi_24

For those who has troubled installing this one try to install the .exe in safe or in normal windows w/ disabled third party anti-virus. Every processed thread has been scan by your anti-virus, if it found malicious it will not install properly same w/ 3d applications and games...

If still doesn't work I'm not be able a help anymore...

Guest baconcow

I guess I should have been more clear:

I can install the drivers, however, SLI does not show up in the options (as with previous versions I tried). I used the Have Disk and Installer method, and followed Dox's directions completely. No SLI.

In *.inf file I find only mobile devices... This driver is only for mobile videocards?

To ^nox:

This is by far one of the best drivers you can use. As for me, a mobile 8600m gs 256 gddr3, I can overclock using rivatuner with this driver- yay! I have presets made to be within 4%, 6%, 8% of my stock values. Adding this to the best drivers (I installed balance btw), I can now play my games with some vastly improved fps. I'm not much of a benchmarker, as I judge with my eyes and my experience only. But I used fraps and in COD 4 & 5, I went from 20-25 fps to 45-55 [With 8% OC]. Image is more vivid, and the fps is no longer giving me huge headaches. Even without the OC, this driver will give you a more "clean" feel when you game. I love this driver and I play most of the newer fps graphics intensive games, so little improvements are noticeable. I'm sure without official mark06 or vantage results, you should definitely give this driver a go.

Note on my OC values:

Stock

600 Core Clock

1200 Shader Clock

702 Memory Clock

4% Core, Shader, Mem | 6% Core, Shader, Mem | 8% values Core, Shader, Mem

624, 1248, 730 | 637, 1274, 742 | 647, 1294, 757

Please OC only if you understand the dangers involved. With any of the OC's, I'm getting roughly 88C -90C (never gone above 90C) in gpu temp.

I hope this helps out fellow 8600m GS users, Cheers!

PS. Thank you once again Dox!

Guest chomi_24
To ^nox:

This is by far one of the best drivers you can use. As for me, a mobile 8600m gs 256 gddr3, I can overclock using rivatuner with this driver- yay! I have presets made to be within 4%, 6%, 8% of my stock values. Adding this to the best drivers (I installed balance btw), I can now play my games with some vastly improved fps. I'm not much of a benchmarker, as I judge with my eyes and my experience only. But I used fraps and in COD 4 & 5, I went from 20-25 fps to 45-55 [With 8% OC]. Image is more vivid, and the fps is no longer giving me huge headaches. Even without the OC, this driver will give you a more "clean" feel when you game. I love this driver and I play most of the newer fps graphics intensive games, so little improvements are noticeable. I'm sure without official mark06 or vantage results, you should definitely give this driver a go.

Note on my OC values:

Stock

600 Core Clock

1200 Shader Clock

702 Memory Clock

4% Core, Shader, Mem | 6% Core, Shader, Mem | 8% values Core, Shader, Mem

624, 1248, 730 | 637, 1274, 742 | 647, 1294, 757

Please OC only if you understand the dangers involved. With any of the OC's, I'm getting roughly 88C -90C (never gone above 90C) in gpu temp.

I hope this helps out fellow 8600m GS users, Cheers!

PS. Thank you once again Dox!

88c-90c? just wondering, I know your still in the safe operating environment for your card (<90c) but don't you think it's a bit hot? Try get a cooling pad if u still don't have. My dell xps m1530 w/ 8600m gt gddr3 256mb known to run hotter than usual for many users of this notebook. I have a zalman zm-nc1000

cooler, max temp during game play for 2 hours 77c w/ AC on in the room 79c w/ AC off in the room GPU overclock to 650/1375/900. W/o cooler pad max temp is 80c stock clock 83c gpu overclock the same w/ AC off in the room. My cpu is undervolted as wel... Before just out of curiousity, when I'm stressing my cpu for stability due undervolting using orthos i run ATI tool stress test gpu overclock to 650/1375/900 at the same time (believe it i did that) gpu max temp 85c, cpu core max temp at 63c. for 30mins... Insane ei! I can hear my notebook fan screaming from inside HEHEHE.... That I why decided to have a cooling pad...

To Chomi:

Unfortunately, I do have a 2x fan cooler pad :) I have a feeling its the dell fan setup/system/bios? When I use I8kfangui, and set the fan speeds to high while I game, I usually notch down and play around the 65-75C depending on game. Also, contributing to this is that the laptop + cooler pad + desk, are all squished together. It is probably running on minimal air flow. I'll have to get some type of material that doesn't melt and is soft to go between each layer.

Cooling issue has been a problem for me. And I'm always looking to get the cooling better and better, so I appreciate yours or anyone's comments on suggestions or how their rig is running. But this is not the thread for this, so lets just talk about how Dox's drivers are running with our specs. :)

For my 8600m GS, I've only found Dox's drivers since 180.70 ish, but so far this has been the best performing and visual drivers.

Edited by frank604