LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.05

Dox

- I deleted this post because I think it is utterly wrong and will perhaps create problems instead. Sorry. -

Edited by frank604

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ^nox

• Codyksp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok as promised some results for 8600M GS users !!!

First of all 3dmark and Windows Performance Index are just indicators of how well the driver might perform as they might not be always accurate, and therefore i recommend testing out actual gameplay. Anyway i tested Crysis, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, Spore, and all seem to be runing much more fluently...

Here are some benchmarks:

First 3dMark06 (Overclocked 460M/680C) - went up by over 300 points since 196.04:

3dmark06460680with18205.jpg

Vista Performance Index (Aero up by almost a point & 3D Gaming up by 0.1):

indexed5.jpg

Btw the above scores are while my GPU was overclocked to 660c/480m.

Great work Dox !

I archive the same result with 3Dmark06 and 182.05 (3374 pts) GeForce 8600M GS (DDR2) OC 675/1350/470 but my processor don't let me go further( Core 2 Duo T5450 @1.67GHz

post-36713-1236009936_thumb.jpg

DasFoll - Did you try lowering "Maximum Pre-rendered Frames" to 1 ?

I'll give that a try next chance I have.

Nice result Carlos_rpg... Its nice to see other 8600m GS users still rocking around :) Just wondering the OC scheme u got runing there, hows the temperature of the GPU ?

DasFoll, ive had the same problem in Oblivion, where game would run smooth but there would be a lag between the movement of my mouse and actuall response of the image. Though i recomend leaving it at 3 for other games as it can hog up some resources and potentially hurt fps (never seen it happen though). :)

Edited by ^nox

Nice result Carlos_rpg... Its nice to see other 8600m GS users still rocking around :) Just wondering the OC scheme u got runing there, hows the temperature of the GPU ?

DasFoll, ive had the same problem in Oblivion, where game would run smooth but there would be a lag between the movement of my mouse and actuall response of the image. Though i recomend leaving it at 3 for other games as it can hog up some resources and potentially hurt fps (never seen it happen though). :)

OC temp under 88º while running 3Dmark OverClock ( 675 / 1350 / 470 ) (I could go further but I think I already had enougth)

I had problems of missing textures playing Fallout 3 at higher mem clock

I Think thats quite safe temp.( and it's VERY hot here in Brazil at Summer!!! )

I also underclock my standard 2D to give more life to my Battery =)

for now the only game I have major problems is Tom Clancy's EndWar ( Averange 14 fps =/ )

Edited by Carlos_rpg

It's strange though, the older drivers seem to work fine with a global setting of "3" for "Maximum Pre-rendered frames."

Ok as promised some results for 8600M GS users !!!

First of all 3dmark and Windows Performance Index are just indicators of how well the driver might perform as they might not be always accurate, and therefore i recommend testing out actual gameplay. Anyway i tested Crysis, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, Spore, and all seem to be runing much more fluently...

Here are some benchmarks:

First 3dMark06 (Overclocked 460M/680C) - went up by over 300 points since 196.04:

3dmark06460680with18205.jpg

Vista Performance Index (Aero up by almost a point & 3D Gaming up by 0.1):

indexed5.jpg

Btw the above scores are while my GPU was overclocked to 660c/480m and temperature of GPU was averaging around 85 celsius (max 87).

Great work Dox !

That's a high aero score you have there, I end up with this for my 8600M GT OC'd to 625/1300/449...

conpklh2.png

How did you get your card clocked so high?

Edited by Codyksp

Hey Codyksp

My stock clocks for my 8600M GS DDRII are 500/1000/400. I try and keep my temperature below 90 celsius as that seems to be the safe way to go, and from my extensive testing i figured that core and shader is more likelly to influence performance, so i tweaked it untill i reached my max overclockign scheme "that maxed out at 88 celsius after running L4D for about and hour" - 660/1380/450. Btw it is my opinion that you can actually unlink shaders and core to reach better performance, as maximum core doesnt have to necesarilly mean maximum shader if linked.

On the other hand : what kind of HDD do you have to reach index of 5.4 ? I presume its 7200 rpms ?

Hope this info is somewhat usefull :) :)

I have this problem: i use a bigger LCD monitor with my laptop, so i set it as single and primary in 'set up multiple displays', but every time i reboot, laptop display is back as primary and all my desktop messes up because of the lower resolution on laptop display. Any idea how can fix it so it doesn't reset to laptop display every time? Thanks.

Hey Codyksp

My stock clocks for my 8600M GS DDRII are 500/1000/400. I try and keep my temperature below 90 celsius as that seems to be the safe way to go, and from my extensive testing i figured that core and shader is more likelly to influence performance, so i tweaked it untill i reached my max overclockign scheme "that maxed out at 88 celsius after running L4D for about and hour" - 660/1380/450. Btw it is my opinion that you can actually unlink shaders and core to reach better performance, as maximum core doesnt have to necesarilly mean maximum shader if linked.

On the other hand : what kind of HDD do you have to reach index of 5.4 ? I presume its 7200 rpms ?

Hope this info is somewhat usefull :w00t: :)

As far as I know it's a 5400 rpm HDD (5,5 btw), according to the specs on websites. Also my memory is only DDR2 800 I find 5,9 quite high. Could have something to do with my motherboard... I don't know.

Well as I said I have an 8600M GT also DDR2 and it's 512MB. Anyway I set my clocks to 659/1379/449 (stupid rivatuner either goes under or over it lol).

I will run a 3DMark 06 and see what happens, but last time I tried to go higher the card underclocked itself during one of the tests :P

OK so I ran 3DMark and ended up with this:

zsnytcud.png

I have no idea what happened during the CPU test to make it drop so low, it's NEVER done that before :)

Add about 1000 to that and you'll have the normal score I get with this CPU, making it 4418.

I've also attached my GPU-Z sensor log, it seems OK. I assume the downclocks are during the CPU tests.

After the second CPU test I raised my laptop (put my wallet under the right side to give the fan full clearance) and it seems to have lowered the temperature by 4 degrees :unsure:

GPU_Z_Sensor_Log.txt

Edited by Codyksp

Looks good cody ! 4418 is a decent score, its about 1000 more than mine which it should be since your card has 32shaderprocessors over 16 on mine !!! The CPU score is wierd since your temperature is quite low. I assume you have your laptop set on maximum performance in power options, and that you are not runing any background programs like "antivirus, spybot, sidebar etc ?"...

Im still puzzled by the hdd score though lol :) , like you said your motherboard might be the couse of higher scores ... :) Btw lifting the laptop in the back usually takes of few degrees, i also run a cooling pad with 2 fans underneath to channel the hot air out faster...

Im getting scroll lag... is this due to the driver?

Raised my 3Dmark06 from 7199 to 7213.

182.22 to 182.05

Looks good cody ! 4418 is a decent score, its about 1000 more than mine which it should be since your card has 32shaderprocessors over 16 on mine !!! The CPU score is wierd since your temperature is quite low. I assume you have your laptop set on maximum performance in power options, and that you are not runing any background programs like "antivirus, spybot, sidebar etc ?"...

Im still puzzled by the hdd score though lol :) , like you said your motherboard might be the couse of higher scores ... :P Btw lifting the laptop in the back usually takes of few degrees, i also run a cooling pad with 2 fans underneath to channel the hot air out faster...

Well I always have sidebar and anti virus running, it's always worked just fine.

As for cooling it, I've looked around but I can't seem to find a decent cooling pad for a 17" laptop...

The reason I want to cool it is, my laptop fan sounds like a hairdryer when it reaches 70 degrees (it runs at 100% then) and when I lift it it stays below 70. That gives me a better sounding fan :)

very good drivers :) one thing i've noticed that the desktop aero performance rating in WEI decreases by 0.1... but in games, i noticed higher fps.

OMG really good drivers i got 9560 with 3dmark06 and before the max i had have with the 185.2 was 8638. I'm really impressed, this is good work

thank you very much

Hey collmomo, I got the MSI GT627 (just like your's) but mine has the 9800M GS not the GT like you state on your signature.

I tried the 182.5 drivers and unlike you, I got minus 900 points !!! :)

I read on a few posts back that this driver is not really compatible with the M GS yet but I was wondering that maybe you made a typo on your specs and actually have a M GS instead?

If so, how did you make it work and achieve such amazing score?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

RayanMX

Guest Aaronbeh

To begin, I have read the FAQs on Laptopvideo2go, as well as NBR and I consider myself a power user (10+ years in IT sector). However, I am having a heck of a time to get the Dox 182.05 drivers for Vista 64bit to install.

I have a nVidia 9500M (9200M GS and 9400M in Hybrid SLI). When installing other drivers individually, the hardware is shown as a 9200M GS and MCP79X (this is the 9400M integrated chipset). I am running Vista 64.

If I unzip the Dox package and run the install on a "driver clean" machine, it says my graphics card is not supported. Understandable. Downloading Pieter's modded inf for the 182.05 drivers and then inserting the two MCP79X lines into the Dox inf allows the proper driver to show up for the 9400M integrated (MCP79X), but then when I select it it says "This driver is not made for Windows Vista". I can get around the whole thing by unchecking "only show supported hardware" and manually selecting 9400M G instead, and upon reboot it shows driver version 182.05 for the 9200M GS as well (it seems to automatically install them for the second GPU), but I don't feel that these are optimal when other driver packages contain the MCP79X and the 9400M seperately (indicating two close but different configurations) and when the 9400M does not show up as "supported hardware".

Any advice on how I can get the Dox drivers to install "out of the box" using the installation program, or at least get the MCP79X ("supported hardware") to install without an error?

Thank you,

-Aaron

Never mind my last post, I manage to break the 10K barrier on 3DMark06 (free) with the following:

3DMark06 free version with CPU in turbo mode @ 2.9ghz, GPU with DOX 182.05 OP and 560/800/1400.

3331385529_15c532615f.jpg

Cheers!

RayanMX

Can't see properly to tell, but what res did you run that test in?

The second number looks like 3 figures, so it isn't the default, even though your spec info says you would be able to.

If you don't know, you need to run it in 1280x1024 and standard settings if you want to compare.

can't seem to get any of these to download... 404 errors only. help?

Working. But just 80 kB/s.

Hey 5ifty1, try and right click on the link and select "Open link in new tab"! I get the 404 error until I do that. I don't know why the 404 error comes up when I'm using Firefox. hmm... oh well.

Aaron, i also have the 9500M and i had a very difficult time installing Dox's drivers. I had installed one of the 184 drivers but it showed only 9200MGS and it seriously hurt my fps in crysis cos it was running only on 9200MGS which struggles if you keep settings even on medium, so i had to revert back to the original dell drivers so that 9400M too works, but i feel that Dox's drivers may give me a big boost in fps but i cant install them. He needs to recheck the code for installing the driver both for 9400M and 9200MGS(i tried it and edited some of the code but still problem persists).I even replaced the inf provided in the dell drivers to the unzipped dox drivers but still cant make them install properly. His drivers simply dont recognise both the cards as 'one' card.

Dox pls do help the 9500M users :)

And yea, the driver says card not supported when i try to install it, perhaps cos theres no inf included in the folder...

Edited by tsunami2265

seems like 1366 × 768 a common HD ready resolution. I'm not really sure