LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7150m help (and another quetsion)

djknitex

I just bought a HP DV6929WM from walmart the other day, and it has a 7150m video card.. it's set to 128 mb... what drivers should I use to make it run better on games?

Can I install a new video/graphics card into my laptop?

Edited by djknitex

I recommend the Dox 181.22. It will probably give a small increase in games, but remember your card is not for gaming. So don't have big aspirations for the card.

For an official mobile driver, 179.48 would would just as fine. Dox 182.05 works great for a modified driver as well. If you can, I recommend that you return the laptop as soon as possible since it may be possible that there is a return policy for it since you've bought it just recently.

Yes, if you can get something with a better GPU then do so.

Out of curiosity,what games are you looking to play?

Yes, if you can get something with a better GPU then do so.

Out of curiosity,what games are you looking to play?

some FPS/RTS, and hopefully Diablo III :)

You will be limited to games like FEAR, COD2, DOOM 3, Quake 4 and so on (COD4 will run but not a satisfying gaming experience.) Diablo 3 will probably run well from the looks of the min requirements. But they aren't official. To see how well you will run games:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

I'm hoping to aim to play Everquest, since I know, I have enough ram (4) and the graphics doesn't look to advanced

The System Requirements Lab website is a little outdated on their software and most of the time it gives me inaccurate results, but I guess it depends. :)

Edited by Shaythong

For an official mobile driver, 179.48 would would just as fine. Dox 182.05 works great for a modified driver as well. If you can, I recommend that you return the laptop as soon as possible since it may be possible that there is a return policy for it since you've bought it just recently.

So which one is good for gaming? The official or the modded one?