LaptopVideo2Go Forums

modiying with EDID cant find nv_display.inf in 179.48

AWilderbeast

hi all im following the guide getting correct monitor resolutions and sound

Tried the EDID modded inf method, IT WORKS!!!

1. Get Phoenix EDID Designer, (http://www.tucows.com/preview/329441), unzip and run the exe (no install reqd)

2. Click Tools->Extract registry EDID, then double click the line for your TV/monitor in the popup

3. Click Tools->Byte viewer, and note down the values in row 00, columns 08-0B (4 bytes)

4. Start the installation of the latest Nvidia drivers and cancel out once the files are extracted

6. Open the file "nv_disp.inf" in a text editor. By default for the current drivers this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\169.21

7. Scroll down to the section [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings], add the following line there, replacing the "XX" values below with the 4 values noted in step 3:

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, XX,XX,XX,XX,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

(In my case the TV code was SYN 0043, the four values being: 4F,2E,43,00 )

4. Uninstall your current drivers and reboot

5. Install the modified drivers by running the previously extracted setup.exe. By default for the current drivers, this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\177.41. You'll get a warning about the driver not being signed because of the modified inf. Just press OK.

but ive just got the latest drivers 179.48 and there is no nv_display.inf file in there

these are the follwing choices, which one would i need to add it to, becuase alot of these have [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] in them

NVAA

nvac

nvai

nvam

nvao

NVAR

nvbl

NVCO

NVCR

nvct

nvcv

nvdm

NVFI

NVFU

nvgm

nvhm

nviv

nvlo

NVLT

NVMI

nvmm

NVMT

nvqh

nvqm

nvqo

nvqu

nvsm

NVTL

nvtm

nvto

nvtq

nvts

NVTW

nvuw

nvvd

nvwh

nvwi

nvhda

which one is it?

THanks

Those are the OEM infs, they correspond to the various laptop manufacturers. (IE, use the one for your manufacturer)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=918

However, I'd recommend that you use Pieter's mod INF here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=23073 (click the mod INF link, that topic is for the XP version)

In this case Pieter modded the "NVAA.inf" file but normally its nv4_disp.inf.

ah right, my model is samsung so i opened the nvsm file and there is no [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

theres

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_G7x]

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_G8x]

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_G8x_1]

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_C79]

can i put it in under any of those, if those are model specific my graphics card is the 9200M GS

i used pieters one but im guessing it didnt work using that NVAA becuase it uses the nvsm inf?

Thanks

You could put it under all of them.

Try it in Pieter's mod INF.

Remember to remove all the other INFs in the driver to only use his.

i did that and used pieters mod, the screen resolution is great now but ive lost the nvidia HDMI sound

im connect HDMI port on laptop to HDMI port on tv no w the sound has gone, any ideas?

THanks