LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.06 is out

Galdere

If they only fixed 1 thing the 182.05 INF should work fine, just change the version number in the INF.

Please add support for resolution 1024x640

sry which is the fixed bug?

"GeForce 9800 GTX/GX2/GT/GTX+, GeForce 8800 GTS/GT/GS: The system hangs when switching between performance states. [516808]"

Shadoff you can add the resolution in the INF file yourself.

Just stick it in there between the other ones.

So for my card if I was using 182.05 then I wouldn't have to update right? Also what performance states are they talking about?

I don't know, I had a ton of blue screens before with 05, I hope the bug fix is for the blue screens. I was playing Lost Planet Colonies and had a blue screen. I did the drive sweep install too so I hope this driver fixes up that issue.

Guest_Guest_* It should

Galdere, why isn't this release packed like the previous ones, you know, the 28mb installer? And why can't I install it on my laptop?

You need the mod INF to install it on your laptop.

Galdere, why isn't this release packed like the previous ones, you know, the 28mb installer? And why can't I install it on my laptop?

Think you mean Dox's modded drivers. These are original releases. If you want to try it then do as Bill says, but if the one issue difference between this and .05 doesn't effect you, then you should stick with Dox's improved 182.05.

Hy.

I downloaded the 182.06 drivers from Nvidia and your modded inf but it wont install on my Dell Latitude D820.

It gaves me an error about some files that cannot be found.(nvdisps.dll, nvdispr.dll)

I have Quadro NVS 120 M.

Just wanted to ask : how come 185.20 was out before 182.06? 185.20 was good,but the release order was a little confusing.

If possible please clarify.....thx. Keep up the good work.

A bug that's in both 182.05 and 182.06 is that I can't force my samsung 226bw into 1680x1050@75hz anymore. When I try it, it snaps into 840x1050@75hz and it doesn't resolve until I uncheck 'allow modes not exposed by the display'.

With 181.22, I can use 1680x1050@75hz just fine. I prefer it when, like with 181.20, it only runs at 75hz when I have RefreshLock running. This so when I stop gaming, I can turn it back to 60hz easily by closing the program. This last described behavior is most common in the different driver versions. 185.20 works this way as well. I can force my screen up to 1680x1050@80hz, but the display gives a warning when I do that.