LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700M not working with dual monitors

Guest Ryan Richards

Guest Ryan Richards

Dell's suggestions are to replace the card and do a operating system reinstall... Which means they have no idea.

I have a Samsung Sync master hooked into my dvi port with a vga to dvi converter... No where in the NVIDIA control panel is a setting for clone or dual.. I have a Dell M1730.

Any suggestions?

I am trying to do the same thing Ryan. I don't think the latest nvidia drivers for this graphics card supports dual monitor on SLi. I know they release drivers for desktop graphics cards that will do dual monitor on SLi. I will keep researching and post what I find.

Forgot to mention I have the same exact laptop as you. One way to do dual monitor is to take off SLi in the nvidia control pannel... :) That is how I am running it now. The Temperature goes up by 10 degrees though.

I've got the M1730 as well, but without SLi. Have been experiencing some issues with dual monitors, like not being able to set my external screen to primary, and that the screen won't get full resolution (1920) but stay at 1680 at pan around when my mouse cursor hits the edges. Works now though, using the 180.84 modded drivers.