LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newbie needs help updating driver for GEForce FX 5200

desertf8

I am just finding you after quite a search for how to upgrade my old driver for a Toshiba Satellite computer. I tried following the directions for using the modded INF but I cannot find a driver folder named the same as the driver .exe folder on my desktop. I extract the files but cannot see a new file by the same name so I cannot drag the modded INF to this new file. For instance, this site gives the example; "if you choose 84.25 driver to install, driver file will be 8425.exe and when extracted it should create another folder named 8425." Then "Select the 8425 folder." It is this folder that I do not see on my desktop (no 16928 folder). http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9243

Also, any recommendations on which driver is best to use with the GeForce FX 5200? My search on this site listed 169.28 but I see some other posters listed driver numbers below 100 for this card.

Thank you in advance for your help!