LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Win7 and gaming.

omega2k1

to anyone who has installed win7 beta, if u play wow or GTA4. are there any performance boast. also for any other games.

The current nvidia driver for windows 7 is 178.23 or something close to that and from my experience is not as fast and the 180+ drivers are under vista. Other than that windows 7 beta is faster booting, loads programs quicker, has fewer processes and usually is stable unless you are using a dell xps m1530 notebook which has horrible problems with hardware detection on boot up.

I'm using DOX's 182.05 on Win7 x64 and it's running beautifully

I tried to run Burnout Paradise on Windows 7 using Dox's 182.05, and it was fantabulous :) My 8600M GT had stuttering problems (a well-known blunder by Nvidia) but in Windows 7 the stutterings were replaced by slowdowns (annoying, but less so compared with stuttering) instead. So it's somewhat an improvement I guess. Tomb Raider: Underworld runs fine on Windows 7 also, and smoother too in fact during the menu scene.

Edited by mushi

Running W7 x64 Haven't had any problems with games. and they all run fabulos, a lot better than my xp32

I find most games on Windows 7 run on the same speed as in Vista, for my GPU that is.