LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7900 drivers! for vista!

Guest dabba

Guest dabba

i have been having massive problems still with drivers :) and i know i have an ancient card in my dell 9400 - (e1705) but i still use it to play games like cod4/5 css etc and used to run fine. I was wondering what would be the best possible driver and inf config out there for my setup:

My system

Dell e1705

windows vista 32 bit :)

2.00 GHZ t7200

4gb ram (well only 3.25 really :P

nvidia 7900 go

logiteh g5 mouse

hope you can help!!! thanks!!!

Maybe it's a bit of offtop, but why won't you use vista 64bit, when you have 4GB of RAM and 64bit capable CPU?

I have the same system as you

im using 182.06, but thats only because Fear 2 was being dumb without the updated drivers

im having problem with screen resolution resetting to 1280x800 when i close and open my screen

I use old 169.04 drivers to enable overclocking, it seems to be the latest driver to allow Dell laptops to overclock which have 7900 series cards. I take it you have go 7900gs, same as me? Otherwise, I use XG 181.22 mobile driver, their latest release.

Im using Dox 182.05and bios flashed my card for overclocking.

If I recall, Vista SP1 will show all 4 GB in System Info. Also I'd recommend at least 178.24 or better of Dox's