LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v181.71 Windows 7/Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

I was able to install this on my Dell XPS M1710 laptop that has a nVidia Geforce Go 7950GTX card. However, Aero was disabled and I couldn't get the registry hacks to work to enable it, unless I missed something.

I uninstalled it and installed the one provided by Microsoft on Windows Update, and Aero works, but it is glitchy with screen shakes and a bit of distortion on the animations.

Any ideas?

Driver download link is broken. Download size shows it as a 40.77 MB file, but only downloads 32.5 MB. Please correct this if possible. Thanks.

Turn off 3 party software, or right click save as, there is nothing wrong with the server.

3rd party software (mostly with Firefox) is causing the issues with the broken links.

Just tried the link and all works find here with plain jane Firefox no addons

Is it just me or do these drivers make the laptop become warmer than usual ?

Guest Haseo

If you dl from MS server this WDDM 1.1 then all seems to work fine but video playback wont be such good if you resizing window of the player it turns to many small squares :)

If you dl from Vista x32 drivers then all would be pretty much better, but in such progs as nvidia CP or Media Player Classic the menus will start to get one on another or blur so that you cant find out which buttons true and which just a bug :) also window resizing slows down pc much

If you dl Windows 7 x32 from nvidia site then it would be the same prob as the WDDM 1.1 with video issues..

Oh and if dl from XP this 185.xx relese then you would not be able to adjust personal 3D parameters for a certain game at all

any one know which driver should i use.i have HP DV9746TX 8600m GS 512mb ddr2 which drivers should i use on windows 7.And guyz what is your opinion on windows 7? is it better than XP? and does it work good on my laptop?.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have th 181.71 driver installed on my Toshiba X200/8700M GT on 32bit Win7 RC (Build 7100) which I think installed via Windows Update.

I've now got the RTM build (Win 7 Pro 32bit) but can't get any of the Series 18 or 19 drivers to work properly - they all glitch (apparently a problem with "powermizer"?)

I'd like, therefore, to install the 181.71 on here but the downloaded .inf file doesn't contain my card - can anyone help, perhaps with a modded .inf file?

Many thanks....