LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v181.71 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Blacky, some time ago I got official desktop driver, some 170 series, tried to install it, and selected 280GTX :) as device. Worked perfectly with no manual edited inf (and of course no overclocking). Try something more powerfull as device when selecting what to install, maybe it'll help.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Connor MacLeod

• mobilenvidia

• Blacky

• AgentMC

Maybe the files are not identical because I get even when forcing the install as 9800M GTS the fallowing error:

"The system cannot find the specified file"

I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

Probably you will need the full driver. If you want it - It's already uploaded to http://ifolder.ru/11064393

Do you speak russian? :) Google online translator should help...

If everything is ok with traffic, just go to that page, in a red field below enter 4 green digits and push link "Далее >>" below. Then you will get a download link - only for 72 hours for your IP. Download link is similar to http://ifolder.ru/download/???/?11025701&F0WJOeZGI.....

If russian traffic would be less then other, you'll be given a text like "На данный момент иностранный траффик превышает..." Click link "здесь". Then click any of pages suggested - sponsors. In a window that will open there will be a frame at the top, with timer counting down. After it reaches 0, a popup will open, and then do as in first case :) Hope this will not be needed.

Hahaha, thnx a lot.

Actually I do know a bit of Russian, just to read. So thnx a lot :) . I will give it a go.

:) It aint working. I've downloaded it twice and each time it tells me the archive is corrupt.

EDIT: I was trying to open it with WinRAR and it aint working. I then tried to extract it with explorer but the end results where files that didn't make any sens everything was scrambled.

EDIT2: Can someone please upload the driver files again somwhere, possibly not in cab format. thank you

Edited by Blacky

Guest Guest

I got a BSOD as well (W7 build 7057 x64). Installed same version thru windows update, worked fine. When running 3Dmark06, my score was a 6745, which was about 1500 points lower than usual for my card (9800M GS). Took a look in cpu-z, and noticed that the PCIe bus was set for 1x instead of 16x like it should have been.

Went back to Vista x64, 179.48 drivers, ran same benchmark, got a 8198 - cpu-z showed the PCIe bus at 16x.

For those of ya that got this driver to work under W7, have you noticed 3D apps and games running slower than they typically should?

It's on here:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...ch.aspx?q=9800M

Use IE to go to the link.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...ch.aspx?q=8400M

thanks for the link but i cant seem to find working driver for 8400m gs.

i downloaded and tried SEVERAL drivers listed but WINDOWS SEVEN always says that the driver is NOT for my operating system OR my graphics card isnt recognized....

can anyone help me?

i am looking for drivers for windows7 x64... that dont have the SLEEP/HIBERNATION PROBLEM.

the drivers in this thread as well as the previous drivers have this problem in windows7.

Anyone with Windows 7 v7075 managed to avoid falling victim to the BSOD after attempting to install these drivers?

I'm forced to resort to using 169.xx nvidia drivers which auto dl through windows update. They suck on my 9800m GTX and I won't let me use Physx.

The Windows Catalogue drivers never even install. I don't understand, are they all 32bit drivers or something?

Is this actually working for anyone on the Release Candidate?

Edited by Connor MacLeod

Anyone with Windows 7 v7075 managed to avoid falling victim to the BSOD after attempting to install these drivers?

I'm forced to resort to using 169.xx nvidia drivers which auto dl through windows update. They suck on my 9800m GTX and I won't let me use Physx.

The Windows Catalogue drivers never even install. I don't understand, are they all 32bit drivers or something?

Is this actually working for anyone on the Release Candidate?

Are you not getting 179.29 with Windows 7 ?

It's what 7048 updates to.

Seeing you are Conner MacLeod of the Clan MacLoed :)

You've tried the 'Automatically install' a driver in device manager driver update of the Display adaptor ?

This for me updated to 179.29 from an ancient original driver.

Now there is a chance that your setup may not have a WDDM driver yet, then ofcourse it will not update at ell.

"in life I may be infallable, here in the forum I can only plead." - Connor MacLeod 08h58

What I can tell, from the startup applications in msconfig, is that these drivers are running in compatibility mode. What about the 179.29 for you?

I have had improved game performance from the 170 and 180 drivers but then there's stutter during the playback of particularly intense 1080p films. Where as the 160 drivers seem slower in general but play all movies as smooth as butter.

I'm thinking its due to the particular features of the 170 and 180 drivers as opposed to any inherent compromise in upgrading on from 160.xx

DXDIAG suggests I have WDDM 1.0

What baffles me is the Windows Catalogue drivers. They explicitly state 9800m GTX, Windows 7 and yet they don't even recognise the operating system. I mean, what are they there for?

The BSOD we get modded inf installation always mentions the nvlddmkm.sys. I even tried to replace it with a random nvlddmkm.sys I had found from the internet, in safe mode (because I don't know), but only to find the device registering, but disabled and malfunctioning.

Thanks for working on this.

Edited by Connor MacLeod

179.29 for me is a full driver with control panel etc.

179.29 (just had a look) is a Vista driver but WDDM 1.0 for my go7900

WDDM 1.1 devices are really finnecky to install why I'm having such trouble making a modded INF for them.

Hi,

im using Win7068 x64 and the Prelease WDDM 1.1 (spreaded via WinUpdate) but i'm unable to get CUDA-support in my CoreAVC H264 decoder.

is CUDA supported by this driver and my 8600M GT?

or is there anything I can do about it ? When I tried using another vista x64 driver there is no CUDA-support, too.

thx for your help in advance!

Edit: Got it now :) thx

Edited by bonanza

Guest BJ Boehm

I am running on 7068 x64 and I can't get the rotate screen to work, it will rotate the main one, but where the 2 screens usually are it just has a white box...so i can't select my second monitor to make it vertical... :) any ideas guys?

Win 7 (RC 7077)

9800m GTX

Beyond's INF got this working for me. I can't believe how many hours of the last few weeks I had spent trying out substitute drivers because these would BSOD on me.

However, what I was hoping on to fix my problems with this computer did nothing to avail me!

Basically the problems consist of,

sound stuttering in streamed videos (from the internet) when I go into full screen (1900x 1200). But at the same time, I can just zoom into the video with the INernet Explorer zom option to get the same video at a full size and experience no sound stuttering. So I don't know what the problem is or if its even related to the graphcs card. No such problems when playing bluray, or from the hard disk.

I had experienced this since my Vista days even before I switched.

But, this next problem, which came with the installation of Win 7, and has persisted through both build 7057 and 7077 I think pertains to the grpahics card driver:

Before was on Vista, my 9800m GTX could handle playing H264 bluray film from the Hard Disk with no problems, however now I notice a stuttering in MPC Homecinema 64bit on certain parts of the film (always the same part). Its slightly less noticeable with VLC, where I notice one severe bout of stutters when playing the same film but at a different point in the film and then the stutters seem to subside. I don't think this could stem from damage to the film but it did not used to occur when I had been with Vista. There's even sound lag when playing Planet Earth 1080p that sometimes builds up and goes away if I order the film to scroll to some point again.

What's wrong, you guys?

This problem occurs in all but the 16x.xx drivers. But those are running in compatibility mode and I cannot utilise Physx with them. Which gives me the Nvidia Control Panel and the ability to improve film color quality and tweak 3d options. None of the drivers offered by Windows Update except the one in this thread registers the graphics card in Physx. But all the drives that do register it in Physx seem to cause the same aforementioned problems.

Also, I notice that cannot enable higher than 2x anti-aliasing in the control panel on games such as Dawn Of War 2 because they teeter on unplayable frame rates if I do, which I don't think would happen on Vista. Is it Win 7 or the lack of good drivers for it?

Thanks if you will help.

Edited by Connor MacLeod

New INF made, give it a whirl

It works thanks. Is there any explicit advantage to using this driver over any other?

Because the particular problems I mentioned before still seem to persist.

But thanks for ruling out an option, so I can investigate further.

Consider these very Beta Win 7 drivers.

I don't like them as they don't allow my lappy to have a working screen after resuming from standby.

These will probably not be bundles in the final version of Windows 7, I'd say a newer version will be out by then.

I much prefer the 185's

My problems were due to powermizer. It needs disabling.

But I'm back on 185 because I can't figure out how to disable powermizer with these WDDM v1.1 drivers.

I normally use the 'powermizer switch' that's donwloadable from the internet but the registry seems to be a little different for this driver than for Vista drivers.

Could anybody help me out if you're using this driver with Win 7?

How should I go about disabling powermizer?

PS: Mobile, is wddm v1.1 actually supported here then?

Edited by Connor MacLeod

Basically, following these instructions:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

and with this driver,

I can't find perflevelsrc in the registry. It there with all the other drivers though.

Which I sorely need, because I think wddm v1.1 will solve my stuttering problem when using dreamscene to play h264 movies in WIN7, as my wallpaper.

Edited by Connor MacLeod

Oh hey, I just added the entry in the registry manually, Beyond told me.

Its all good now, and I think Dreamscene is working better. I think.