LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF v3.280

mobilenvidia

Hopefully fixed the BSOD issues that folk with 8x00/9x00 and up GPU's are having with 181.71 (Basically WDDM 1.1 devices)

NVIDIA have sneakily made some changes but, I squirled them out and hopefully much joy will be spread with this fix.

Affects only 181.71 at the moment.

Feedback encouraged.

Forceware 181.71 Win7 x86

Forceware 181.71 Win7 x64

No worries, it keeps me of the streets :)

Guest Guest

Sorry i was mistaken the new inf did not install 181.71 it uninstalled my current driver 182.08 and upon reboot installed the 179.43 wdm 1.1 drivers. When i run the setup now it says the system was not modified, if i use have disk method in device manager it says the driver selected does not support this version of windows :) .

still BSOD... (Win 7 7022 , 8600M GT)

download x86 for 32 bit win7 or x64 for 64 bit, try my inf and tell if you still have bsod

zip format has some problems uploading here because extract no extension file but 7z works fine thought

nv_disp_x86.zip

nv_disp_x64.zip

nv_disp_x86.7z

nv_disp_x64.7z

Edited by Beyond

i realize now that if i download that infs the files inside are not infs anymore but no extension file. somehow the site is messing up the files inside my zip ill try 7z format gimme a minute

i know there is no mobile settings but as you know for windows 7 drivers nvidia didnt realease mobile drivers yet so i cant add them and those from pieter modded inf i cant take because may cause blue screen

im not a pro im just getting you a temporary fix

Edited by Beyond

"your system has not been modified"

It doesn't BSOD now, but it just won't install at all on my 8800M GTS. I'm using Vista's 179.28 for now. Works great!

I'm working on v3.281 INF now.

Lots of changes in this INF and will get this BSOD sorted and have Mobile support.

Found some more sneaky changes in this driver.

I'll have it up later today, taken quite a bit longer than expected as I find more and more things to work on :)