LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need help with GeForce 8700M GT?

Zyrb

This is my first time on this site, and I am sorry if you need more info or anything. I just am really tired of having problems with this thing. I am running Windows XP Pro, not sure if it is 32-Bit or 64-bit and honestly, have no idea how to tell between them. Dell XPS M1730 is the computer type, IntelĀ® Core2 Duo CPU, T8300 @ 2.40 Ghz 2GB DDR2 Ram, GeForce 8700M GT Graphics card.

Recently I had a problem with the system and had to do a full wipe and reformat of it, and when it came back the Graphics card seemed to have been set back to the lowest clocked settings and had to do what I could to find drivers for it. The current driver version I have installed is 6.14.11.7678. I was oondering if perhaps someone could help me. The problem is, I am an avid gamer, Warhammer, World of Warcraft, and before the reformat the system was running really well, and there was almost no frame-rate loss, ect. Now, I can't even do simple things without terrible loss of frame-rate, suggestions. The current settings for the card is: 625 Core Clock/ 1250 Shader Clock / 800 Memory Clock.

Sorry for all the info, if you need anything else, please let me know.

the clock seems correct, but you sure that is the "current" clock? or just what the BIOS reports? use nTune to check your clock speed while you are running the game.

I'm not sure if it is the current clock. But if I run nTune it gives me this error message. Tuning can only be preformed on Nvidia nForce2 or later based systems. So, I am not sure.

Anyone else, I am still having frame-rate issues. Via WoW and Warhammer, that I was not having before. Anyone?