LaptopVideo2Go Forums

tried everything...cant enable physx

tsunami2265

Im quite sure the 9500M GS supports physx fully, my original 178.75 never added the setting to enable physx so i thought to install the 178.86 but that too does not provide the setting to enable physx. I have the physx software installed, and under settings tab the Geforce physx acceleration button is greyed out. So i have to somehow enable the physx from the nv control panel, which i think dell is not providing.

For some reasons i dont want to install Dox's and other drivers with modded inf cos i had some serious issues with sleep and drop down in FPS, so i want to use the original dell drivers. When i used other modded drivers, i could see the setting for physx but not in the dell drivers? how do i configure the physx now?? :)

Well,you can reinstall whole system. Or Clean drivers with driver cleaner and try again.

i did that, but it seems the inf included with the dell drivers doesnt allow settings for physx in the control panel. I saw in the modded inf there are some lines for adding registry for physx settings, can someone pls let me know where should i mod the dell inf so that physx settings show in nvcpl?

well or you can just try the dox drivers? if want to mod the inf with certain lines why not just use a moddified driver?

I doubt that card can do it, and even if it did, it doesn't have the power to process physx and graphics too, it would turn your games into a slide show...

the card can do it every card since the geforce 8XXX series supports physx. However I agree with you on the slide show.

For a solution to the thread starter.. Just use a driver with the moddified inf. There's not a big difference between the delld dedicated and the drivers with moddified inf files. as you can read on the forum there's absolutely no reason to be reluctant to use the moddified drivers espascially as you want to modify the drivers by yourself.

offcourse it's still you're choice how to solve this problem, but I think this is an easy way.