LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP! Dell XPS 1530 issues!

StryderOfBryan

Someone PLEASE please help me, i'm going crazy.

I have a crazy-fast Dell XPS 1530. 2.2 ghz T7500 Core 2 Duo, 3 GB RAM, 256 MB 8600GT, etc.

When i first got the laptop, it was incredible. Splinter Cell:Double Agent ran amazingly. Then, after the first or second video driver update, all of a sudden, games would crash 10-15 mins. Every single game would turn my computer straight off. It did if for about a year, and i tried to use my desktop to game, but it got too old. Now, i just recently put a fresh copy of XP with SP3 on it to see if it was a Vista issue, and its doing the same !*^^#&^($ thing! What is wrong with this stupid computer?!!?!? Every game does it. All my steam games crash. FIFA 09 crashes. Medal of Honor crashes. it's not a game issue. I'm so furious i could scream at the moment. someone please please tell me they can help me!

Guest Moldavia

Have you tried using your stock driver disk from Dell to install original drivers to see if the problem still occurs? From the sounds of it I would almost say you got a defective video card now if its crashing every single game. Have you run your Dell diagnostics? Tried the nvidia Beta drivers off their website, its version 179.48 Feb 11, 2009?

What drivers are you using? And what are your gpu temps?

Use the default nvidia drivers OR use Dox's 182.05 because both work well on an XPS m1530.

It is also possible that you popped something in your laptop. Most likely GPU because of the high failure rates of 8600xx

or try to monitor the temps with GPU-Z or hwmonitor.