LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 181.71 goes to MS Update

mobilenvidia

MS Update has this driver now available.

For those with BSOD issues, Update your driver automatically in the Device properties.

This version now supports Mobile GPU's, both Geforce and Quadro's

Unfortuntely not all mobile GPUs are supported yet. :)

I see the update here but it fails to install ; ERROR WindowsUpdate_80070006.

Installed Windows 7 build 7057 64bit on my notebook yesterday.

Windows Update picked these drivers up right away and I can verify they work with Quadro FX 770M.

Edited by def

Is this for window 7 only? or did they tag this on to XP and Vista as well?

Win7 only really, they do work in Vista as well though

You already have that in the official thread of the driver. We need someone to upload the full driver archive. If possible not as CAB but rather as RAR.

Do you have any idea of how many different versions of the drivers are on MS Update ?

I'd be here for weeks downloading them all, then to sort them and if I have time upload them

If Windows 7 does not find them with automatic driver update then you can just go to the current driver thread and grab the driver and modded INF.

Do you have any idea of how many different versions of the drivers are on MS Update ?

I'd be here for weeks downloading them all, then to sort them and if I have time upload them

If Windows 7 does not find them with automatic driver update then you can just go to the current driver thread and grab the driver and modded INF.

No no, sorry, that's not what I've ment. I was thinking of someone who has downloaded them through AutoUpdate for his/hers video card. That person probably has the CAB file and could just upload them somewhere.

I think it is a far easier solution.

Guest Guest wil

I was using the drivers that shipped with my machine under vista and had no problems.

I tried downloading the windows 7 x64 ones from here and just got BSOD.

Trying windows update gets me 167.61, which is rubbish as no external monitor works on it.

I can only use the modified windows vista x64 from here which works fine apart from getting a black border around the edge of my 1080p tv which is annoying, but I can live with it.

yet installed....which are the best one? this or 182.05 DOX edition ? ( OS: w7 7057 x64 )

I can only use the modified windows vista x64 from here which works fine apart from getting a black border around the edge of my 1080p tv which is annoying, but I can live with it.

There's an option in the nvidia control panel for that: go aaaaaaallllll the way to the bottom, under Video & Television > Adjust video image settings and there's an option for edge enhancement(or something like that). Just click it and it'll show an nvidia image and you can stretch out your screen; I had to do it for my tv and it just takes like 10 seconds.

Hope that helped :)

Go to this link using IE and you can download the 181.71 Windows Update versions:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...?q=8.15.11.8171

Thanx a lot. This worked very well. But looks like the official version still has some bugs :) .

Hopefuly the next version will get them sorted out.

I updated them by windows update on w7 7057 ... they are incredible! great games performance!!!! crysis is very much smoother than 182.05 dox edition!!!

Guest Guest

Installed Win 7 7057 32 bit and installed through WU without problem. Wanted to update the experience index but indexing stucks at Media Encoding and can not complete. What can can be the reason?

Guest Guest
There's an option in the nvidia control panel for that: go aaaaaaallllll the way to the bottom, under Video & Television > Adjust video image settings and there's an option for edge enhancement(or something like that). Just click it and it'll show an nvidia image and you can stretch out your screen; I had to do it for my tv and it just takes like 10 seconds.

Hope that helped :)

nope, but thanks :)

I tried this before and I can see what it is doing, but it just stretches the image to invisible parts of the tv :P

the tv is set to exact scan, but it just has a huge border and nothing is helping :unsure:

anyone notice the whack change in the control panel for multiple monitor setup? what on earth!? bring back the old way!

How about some news about sleep for instance? That would help :) .

the sleep mode works without any problem 4 me :)