LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 8600M GS s-video bad quality

Guest mend

Hello,

I have Nvidia 8600M GS and when connected to the TV via s-video the picture quality is bad. The picture is sizzling. When i connect my other laptop to the s-video cables everything is great so the cables should be fine. I have tried many different drivers but no luck. One thing that is different also is that when i right-click on a movie file and choose Play on my->TV, then the movie doesn't go fullscreen automatically in TV like it does on all my other computers. Does anyone knows what could be the problem?

Best regards,

Fred

I remember having similar problem when I was using some Dox drivers, try some non-Dox drivers. Maybe that's the case, or it could be an older codec.

I had the same problem and all drivers I have testes since 177.92 didn't changed anything. Did you try a mobile WHQL driver ? Like 179.48 for example. I don't use any "real" mobile driver, so it's a possibly "desktop modded" driver issue..

I had a problem like this, i replaced my s-video cable.. The first one displayed the image in very bright colours, now with the new cable, all is sorted.