LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Alienware Laptop!

DJ Josh

Hey guys, I'm josh, a long time user of LaptopVideo2Go, and now today finally signed up. (BTW Great Site!!!)

I just ordered an alienware m15x yesterday and wanted to see what you guys thought I should expect performance wise out of this.

15.4" Screen @ 1920x1200

Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.1GHz

4 GB RAM (2 x 2Gig) @ 667MHz

nVidia 8600m GT (256MB)

1 GB Intel Turbo Cache

250GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit)

I'll be sure to do some benchmarking for the forums here once I get it, but for now I was just wondering what I should expect.

Thanks again!

Nothing special, middle of the road performance meaning the latest games are too heavy except on low settings. But good for a little lighter gaming.

yeah it definitely not the best laptop, but its a pretty nice rig, at least by my standards.

should play recent games pretty nicely, and new games on low settings.

Other than the resolution, my Inspiron 1520 had those specs over a year ago.. It should still be ok for most games, just maybe not at that resolution...

ohh the other thing is the price - what is it? i wouldnt pay anything over $1500 for that laptop.

I have seen some models that it seems are that much just for the name...like if I make one with the specs that my 7805u has right now.. :)

Idk my two year's old laptop has almost the same video card, i would not pay more than a 1000$ for that crap, Plus alienware is a RIP off