LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cant overclock 9500M GS

tsunami2265

i have the latest nvidia 179.48 installed which i did by using your modded inf, otherwise it wouldnt install. And i also have rivatuner 2.24 installed. However, when i lauch RVtuner, it does not allow me to customise any of my card's parameters including overclocking, dont know why. Earlier in my older laptop i had go7400 and i had no issues with rivatuner whichever driver i used, but this time it seems tuner is not recognising my card properly. I tried overlocking with ATItool, but it too gives me an error that a kernel driver is missing which is needed for the program to communicate with my card, so all the clock sliders were greyed out.

Is it some kind of driver related issue? :)

Guest Thejoker

Those drivers dont allow u to overclock, u should try DoX optimized drivers version 182.05 best performance, can wake from sleep... and great fps u should also install Nvidia system tools which allow u to find ur best overclock clocks

Greets thejoker

I tried overlocking with ATItool, but it too gives me an error that a kernel driver is missing which is needed for the program to communicate with my card, so all the clock sliders were greyed out.

That usually means you just have to reinstall ATITool.