LaptopVideo2Go Forums

General resolution question

Biotom

Hello,

I have a 4 years old Gericom 1st Supersonic notebook with a GeForce 6600 Go graphic card that started to make trouble last week. After finally displaying only a black screen I booted in Secured Mode (is that the right term?) and deinstalled the graphic card. Using now the XP standard VGA driver, I managed to adjust resolution to 1024 X 768 which is unfortunately the maximum to select but not the native one (15,4" - 1280 X 800). I tried both, to install the old Nvidia drivers as well as some newer ones, but always this results in a black screen. I also tried Powerstripe to increase resolution but without success, although the monitor is detected in Powerstripe with a max. 1280X800 resolution.

My questions now:

1) Why is the LCD display not listed in the hardware manager? (Because without being installed I cannot use a new monitor .inf created with Powerstripe)

2) How can I make sure that my graphic card is really broken?

3) How can it still make 1024 X 768 at 32bit with the standard VGA driver and how could I increase resolution?

Any hints would be great,

Best wishes from Bavaria,

Tom

• 2 months later...