LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DirectX Update

Galdere

Web Installer

Redistributable

The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX ? the core Windows® technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.

System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 2000 Advanced Server; Windows 2000 Professional Edition ; Windows 2000 Server; Windows 2000 Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows ME; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition; Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Small Business Server 2003 ; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Embedded; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 1; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 ; Windows XP Home Edition ; Windows XP Home Edition N; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional N; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Should I still install this if you have DX 10 or 11 ?

Yes.

Vista & Win7 users should still install DX9 updates.

Why I cant get that update via windows update center?

Cause that would make too much sense.

Search my posts, I have the DX updater somewhere in my attachments. I run it ever once in a while (mostly before LANs or before I install a new game).

Yeah, just updated the past few months. The updates are very small.

The web installer link claimed I didn't need to update, but the redistributable included some .CAB files with a recent date and actually updated the datestamp on some of the files shown in dxdiag.

The web installer link claimed I didn't need to update

Same here, must check the redist.

Kane,

I can't find anyone with a problem similar to yours, so it may be system specific to you.

You could try this...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secu...Uninstall.shtml

...and then get the older Nov08 DirectX 9.0c here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/4867/

Note that I have no experience with unofficial DirectX uninstallers and so that would be at your own risk. :)