LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.46

Dox

Thanks a lot Dox for those new awesome drivers ! :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ca36gtp

• ZeroX_Advanced

thanks added to first post and its good to see another member :)

Nothing at all... if needed I can upload other drivers of your :)

Ok, so I'm a bit noob on the matter, but I've just installed your 182.46 release, than I've installed PhysX 9.09.0203 and 6.03 nVida System Tool... what now? How can I check the quality of the you driver? Wich benchmark should I use?

Guest ShnikeJSB

Wow, the odds...

I was JUST trolling around yesterday trying to install some new drivers, because for some reason your 182.05's kept reverting my Vsync options in RivaTuner back to default (Auto/On) no matter what I did. So I downloaded and installed the modified INF/stock 182.47's (same as these but with the "fixed" OpenGL 3.1 stuff), and played some CoD5 and Fallout 3. They had noticeably more studder and random frame drops than your 182.05's, Dox. I'm going to put these on now, as I don't care about the OpenGL 3.1 crap in the 182.47's. We shall see if they are any better with the stuttering/random big dips in framerate.

Thanks Dox! I thought I was going to have to wait forever for new drivers! There's still nothing new at TweakForce and MobileForce. I'll be back to report on these. :)

i am keen admirer of Dox's drivers ,i was using 182.05 ,it has great performance . today i installed 182.46 ,3D mark point slightly increased but my card heat up very much ,with 182.05 it was really cool .

Edited by fasondan

Ok, so I'm a bit noob on the matter, but I've just installed your 182.46 release, than I've installed PhysX 9.09.0203 and 6.03 nVida System Tool... what now? How can I check the quality of the you driver? Wich benchmark should I use?

Just play games :)

I know you've dropped XP64 support, and I don't want to nag, but any chance of a release now and again for special releases such as this?

Either way, great to see you're back in business, especially with the desktop support! With Omegadrive no longer releasing stuff, there was a bit of a void!

I'll get something done by next week for xp 64 users. maybe if i got time.

Nothing at all... if needed I can upload other drivers of your :)

Play games and run Fraps so you can see what kind of framerate your getting. Or see if there are any benchmarking programs available online for games that you own.

I'm finally actually playing Crysis now for the first time. Back when I had my old computer, I barely touched it and I still wasn't keen on playing it with my G50 because I couldn't get it quite right while still being able to run native resolution and at least Medium settings. Now I never drop below 30fps if I run it in DirectX9 mode.

what about the quadro cards dox?

will there be something for them anytime

Ok, thanks for the info to all... I've the Dox's driver installed, then I've applied a bit of overclock via nVidia System Tools, finally I've installed Fraps... let's rock (well I hope not so much! :) ) with Fallout 3... I'll let you know!

what about the quadro cards dox?

will there be something for them anytime

No more quadro support is planned.

I suggest you stick to quadro drivers from nvidia's site and install using the modded inf for best performance.

just thought i'd let anyoane know:

1) resuming from sleep works perfectly on my 8600M GT (just like 182.05 did)

2) noticed some people have complained about heat. Well mine stabilizes at an idle 54 C, which in fact is cooler than 182.05 (that was about 55-56 C)

don't know in terms of performance which is better (this or 182.05)

bottom line is i like this better (cooler, stable, sleep works) - thanks for your efforts!

Guest chomi_24

i have an 8600m gt on my laptop as well but i dont have that kind of issue w/ the 182.05 dox driver. the only one i have is on my WIC i guess it downclocks in mid game, but strange i have some other games like GTA IV, DMC4, Assassin's creed and i dont have this kind of issue. still trying to figure it out gonna try this one later at home.

nice to see you back dude, tnx for all of this...

Guest Guest

@ mushi

i have an 8600m gt on my laptop as well but i dont have that kind of issue w/ the 182.05 dox driver. the only one i have is on my WIC i guess it downclocks in mid game, but strange i have some other games like GTA IV, DMC4, Assassin's creed and i dont have this kind of issue. still trying to figure it out gonna try this one later at home.

nice to see you back dude, tnx for all of this...

Hmmm...strange, all of a sudden I've had 2 "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered" errors playing Crysis.

Ran Furmark to make sure that it isn't a GPU heat/stability issue, and that ran fine.

Wow Dox, you surprised everyone with your most welcome early return.

Since everyone is talking about temps I'll add in mine too.

182.05 = Idle @ 41C

182.46 = Idle @ 42~43C

Stats:

Clock = 684

Memory = 800

Shader = 1368

Do I notice the heat difference? No.

Guest antispimmer

Thanks Dox! Everything installed well and looks good. The only problem I have had so far is that the flat panel scaling options in the nvidia control panel are all grayed out. I did not have this problem with your last release. Any idea how to fix this?

PS. Nice new installer Dox. It looks great!

Awesome !!! Will test shortly, probably on the weekend and post some results...

Frank did u test it yet, sicne I know u have 8600m gs :) Any improvements for us ? :)

Edited by ^nox

not as good as 182.05 dox

182.06 : 6950 temp max 77

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7706/sanstitrec.jpg

182.05 DOX PERF : 7071 temp max : 80

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1834/sanstitrefxh.jpg

182.46 DOX : 6960 temp max : 79

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8720/sanstitreinr.jpg

lol :)

the old performance option will always have higher 3d marks scores than this driver.

Why? Becauase of visible drop in level of detail.

Thats one of the reason I dropped than setting.

This driver is tweaked for higher performance in real games (where I actually tested the new tweaks) with very minimal loss in IQ compared to 182.05 performance.

Compare real games and see performnce may be increased compared to the old 182.05 performance or is close to it with very very small drop in iQ.

If all you guys want to do is use 3d marks 06 to test drivers, then do yourself a favour and use another driver and not mine for best 3d marks now.

:) thanks Dox, i need to test this week end . ^^ .

Thanks Dox! Everything installed well and looks good. The only problem I have had so far is that the flat panel scaling options in the nvidia control panel are all grayed out. I did not have this problem with your last release. Any idea how to fix this?

strange I have mine all working, whats your laptop specs.

Guest ShnikeJSB

To start, I want to say that I love the new icon and installer graphics, as well as the way you've implemented the entire package this time around. It is more professional and goof-proof. Great job, Dox! :w00t:

So, I've been playing a few games, and except for the noticeable drop in image quality (though not large, I definitely noticed it). Textures were blurrier and less detailed. I mostly fixed this by using a -0.5 LOD bias with RivaTuner. I also turned off vsync (YAY -- the settings STICK this time, unlike Dox's 182.05's). I DID notice with RivaTuner that you turned the quality sliders ALL THE WAY DOWN with OpenGL... Not that it matters, as I don't even play any OpenGL games...

Anyways, I didn't bother checking temperatures, as my usual overclock ran fine with no throttling or artifacting. I played a little CoD5:WaW, and things were definitely smoother -- especially when I encountered smoke, where the 182.47 stockers and Dox 182.05's would chug noticeably. With these drivers, the slowdowns weren't nearly as bad or as aggravating, and made for a much better experience.

I then put on Fallout 3, and to my complete and utter amazement, I was able to go from 1440x900 and 0xAA to 1680x1050 and 2xAA (both at "ultra quality" with even more quality tweaks in the INF's)!!! Overall the game ran only slightly slower and with a little more more pausing/slowdowns -- but not enough that it was unbearable. I could not run 1680x1050 or ANY antialiasing before with ANY previous driver -- Dox or not. The fact I could do BOTH now was amazing to me! Though like I said, the quality was noticeably worse that previous "balanced" and "quality" settings, and putting the LOD bias to -0.5 helped considerably in Fallout 3. I would have tested more games, but I was too hooked into the game to quit, LOL! I am now right at the end (for the first time playing it through), so I think you'll understand! :)

Moving along, I'm not sure if it was just me or something you did Dox, but there seemed to be less detail in the darkest shadows and lightest lights -- almost as if the contrast was ratcheted up a notch or two. I not, then certainly a more "intense" difference.

Overall, I am not too excited about the quality drop (however little it is, I have been testing and beta-testing drivers since 2005 and have a decently trained eye for spotting differences in releases). BUT, I LOVE the newfound smoothness these have over the past few releases! This is a rare time where I'll take that little quality drop for the extra oomph. I absolutely HATED your "performance" settings on previous releases, as I am the type to run at the fringe of playability (25 fps or so) in order to have as many settings as high as possible. But I'll let these slide for now... LOL! :P

Anyways, thank you for bringing these out for us, Dox! :unsure: I very much appreciate it!!! :)

Like i said earlier the new driver setting is a mix of the old balance and performance with a few added extras :)

I'm not gonna lie a say there isn't an IQ drop, but it is very slight and not as bad of a drop as the old performance,

most users will not notice :)

I usually run games at High Quality tetxure filtering, clamp negative lOD, and force trilinear, due to the way I messed with the settings there wont be much of a performance drop compared to what I set in the nvidia control panel as my standard.

Well like I say, you cant have it all, performance usually comes at an IQ lost I'm afraid.

But most seem to like performance with "same" IQ, so thats what I've done.

Thanks man. You're great!

I'll definitely try this and compare it to Dox 181.22 in 3Dmarks, temperatures, OC and GTA IV once I got time.

lol :)

the old performance option will always have higher 3d marks scores than this driver.

Why? Becauase of visible drop in level of detail.

Thats one of the reason I dropped than setting.

This driver is tweaked for higher performance in real games (where I actually tested the new tweaks) with very minimal loss in IQ compared to 182.05 performance.

Compare real games and see performnce may be increased compared to the old 182.05 performance or is close to it with very very small drop in iQ.

If all you guys want to do is use 3d marks 06 to test drivers, then do yourself a favour and use another driver and not mine for best 3d marks now.

Strange, I "earned" (can we say that ? Sorry I'm french...) more than 200 points on 3DMark06 with an only one 8800M GTX. On the other hand, I earn nothing with SLI activated...