LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.46

Dox

Yep, tried normal reinstall, and uninstall them completely and sweep everything with driver sweeper then install.. Then did it again and tried via device manager.. Same result..

Anyway..

I've uploaded the most of your newest drivers here: http://malskaer.dk/dox

It's a very stable server, unlimited bandwidth, fast speed (max speed for me, but im not sure how it is for people outside europe)

Hope its a help, its certainly better than rapidshare for a lot of people.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ca36gtp

• ZeroX_Advanced

my spelling is awful today,

I'm abit hungover,

cant think strisght

I'll create a thread and post the mirrors later

thanks.

Yeah but im sure it is a bug a bug

Hi,

I uninstalled my old stock drivers via the control panel, then rebooted and did the new driver install 182.46.)

I did not run DriverSweeper and CCcleaner registry cleaner after uninstalling the old drivers.

Update to v1.02? What do you mean, which program?

Xfire I don't use, also no other additional keyboard and no overclocking.

I NEVER had any probs with a blue screen of death in a game before...

-What is the best method of re-installing new GPU drivers, please describe the necessary steps involded..

-Also what do I now need to do since I had problems yesterday..

Please help....

Did you uninstall correctly (uninstall, reboot into safe mode, run DriverSweeper and CCleaner registry cleaner, reboot normally, install new drivers, reboot)? Did you update to v1.02?

If so, do you use Xfire? Do you have a Saitek, Logitech, or Razer keyboard connected to your laptop by any chance? Do you overclock?

Hi all,

I am new to this board,

First of DOX, thanks for your work in optimizing GPU drivers. :)

I have a Compal IFL90 notebook with a Nvidia 8600M GT 512 GPU Card.

I tried 182.46 today with FEAR 2 (full game).. The demo on stock drivers ran fine (really old 157.x I believe...)

Using the new installed drivers the game has great fps but will eventually run slower,

Then I get a blue screen of death (had it two times). 1 time directly in menu, other after playing 30 min.

Do you think it is due to the new 182.46 drivers? Should I try 182.05 instead?

-Or.. which other driver do you (or others on the board) recommend for my GPU?

Which is a 8600M GT 512M.

Thanks!

Edited by ZeroX_Advanced

-What is the best method of re-installing new GPU drivers, please describe the necessary steps involded..

I don't use CCleaner, but here's the steps I use (download Driver Sweeper if you haven't already):

1. Boot into safe mode

2. Uninstall Nvidia drivers

3. Run Driver Sweeper (select Nvidia Display drivers to clean)

4. Boot into normal mode

5. Check Device Manager, the card should be listed as a Standard VGA Display Adapter

6. Install DOX 182.46 drivers

7. Restart

Ok thanks, well appreciated.

Is there a chance of fixing my problems by doing this?

-After I do this and still keep having problems should I try 182.05 instead?

I don't use CCleaner, but here's the steps I use (download Driver Sweeper if you haven't already):

1. Boot into safe mode

2. Uninstall Nvidia drivers

3. Run Driver Sweeper (select Nvidia Display drivers to clean)

4. Boot into normal mode

5. Check Device Manager, the card should be listed as a Standard VGA Display Adapter

6. Install DOX 182.46 drivers

7. Restart

Yes, sometimes certain cards just don't like certain drivers. The 182.05 ones were good as well, so I'd recommend seeing if those work.

Guest ShnikeJSB
Hi,

I uninstalled my old stock drivers via the control panel, then rebooted and did the new driver install 182.46.)

I did not run DriverSweeper and CCcleaner registry cleaner after uninstalling the old drivers.

Update to v1.02? What do you mean, which program?

Xfire I don't use, also no other additional keyboard and no overclocking.

I NEVER had any probs with a blue screen of death in a game before...

-Also what do I now need to do since I had problems yesterday..

Please help....

v1.02 of F.E.A.R. 2 is what I meant. I'm pretty sure that is the latest patch. You should be able to update it using Steam or Direct2Drive. If not, I'm assuming you pirated it, ands I'm not gonna help with that...

CCleaner is a great program, and nice to have anyways. Driver Sweeper is a must have. I do things a tad differently than ca36gtp, and have yet to have a problem due to improperly uninstalled drivers since doing it this way.

1. Download and install CCleaner and Driver Sweeper.

2. Uninstall current drivers through the control panel (not in safe mode, but normal mode).

3. Restart when prompted, except into Safe Mode this time.

4. When Safe Mode has finished starting up, run Driver Sweeper with the "Nvidia - Display" checked. It should remove a TON of stuff.

5. Open CCleaner and run the Registry Cleaner part to clean up any registry problems.

6. Reboot into normal Windows mode, and install the new drivers.

7. Reboot again after installation.

8. Enjoy your new correctly-installed drivers.

Sure, it takes a whole 5 minutes more or so, but it is worth it for squeaky-clean usually conflict-free installations.

Ok thanks, well appreciated.

Is there a chance of fixing my problems by doing this?

-After I do this and still keep having problems should I try 182.05 instead?

Yes, there is always a big chance it will fix your problems doing things the correct way. If it doesn't fix it, then there is a chance these drivers just don't work for you. It happens, and you can't ever really predict if your setup doesn't liek a certain set of drivers. So, yes, if it doesn't work well, try the Dox 182.05's in Balanced mode.

Tryed with my 9800M GTS, not work... many artefacts in oblivion and 06 give me a bsod

Guest ShnikeJSB

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Seems like the people with the problems using this driver are all on 32-bit operating systems (both Vista and XP). I wonder if that is the problem with this set?

Guest nioubie

Hello, still have the same problem, i did clean uninstall without luck. :

Hello, im using a 8600M GT, the drivers run fine but as in your previous drivers, i just cant use my External Monitor as Primary with Dual View.

The only option is to use the laptop screen as primary + the external.

Any idea please ? esle ive to go back to another driver :/

Thanks.

ps: works fine with others drivers, but i wanna use your :)

problem.JPG

I keep getting the "nvmctray.dll cannot be found" error whenever I start Burnout Paradise and Bionic Commando Rearmed (haven't tested with other games).

The error seems to go away if I disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service.

Asus w/ GeForce 7700M 512MB on Windows XP 32 bit

I can't have a higher resolution than 640X480 with these drivers. And I uninstalled them, then safe mode used Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. Then installed these, and the resolution is stuck on the lowest.

Using the 182.47 normal LV2G release and can use 1680x1050 resolution on these, so will stick to these until there is a fix for the Dox version or a solution.

Edited by Ziddy

Hi,

Powermizer is disabled in this release ? :-(

Any way I could set it back on ?

No, I always force it on with my drivers.

Not sure what OS or card you are using...

I keep getting the "nvmctray.dll cannot be found" error whenever I start Burnout Paradise and Bionic Commando Rearmed (haven't tested with other games).

The error seems to go away if I disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service.

Thats cause I removed it, I'm not sure why you should be getting that error, its related to nvidia tray icon.

Are you on vista or xp? I assume you are on xp?

Did you clean install?

Guest 8400mGS

personally i'm very pleased with the performance of the 182.05 drivers.

i've tried the 182.46 and they didn't perform as well.

i'm on a hp pavilion dv9000 with a 8400M GS DDR2, and with just a bit of overclocking (big thx for that, DOX) i get a decent fps in GTA 4.

plus, i'm very pleased with the temps.

these wont perform as well as the old performance setting in 182.05 since I tweaked these for no visible loss in IQ :)

Guest ShnikeJSB
Hello, still have the same problem, i did clean uninstall without luck. :

Hello, im using a 8600M GT, the drivers run fine but as in your previous drivers, i just cant use my External Monitor as Primary with Dual View.

The only option is to use the laptop screen as primary + the external.

Any idea please ? esle ive to go back to another driver :/

Thanks.

ps: works fine with others drivers, but i wanna use your :)

problem.JPG

I've had this problem before with my buddy's desktop. We just use Windows' built-in manager to select a primary driver and drag around the placement of the monitors (right-click on desktop, Personalize, Display Settings). You can right click on the monitor you want as "Primary" here.

Asus w/ GeForce 7700M 512MB on Windows XP 32 bit

I can't have a higher resolution than 640X480 with these drivers. And I uninstalled them, then safe mode used Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. Then installed these, and the resolution is stuck on the lowest.

Using the 182.47 normal LV2G release and can use 1680x1050 resolution on these, so will stick to these until there is a fix for the Dox version or a solution.

Try going into the Device Manager and see if under "Display Adapters" has the correct driver, or some generic VGA device. If not, update the driver.

these wont perform as well as the old performance setting in 182.05 since I tweaked these for no visible loss in IQ :)

I personally really like the priorities you used in this release. The IQ is definitely improved over 182.05 performance, and the more STABLE FPS as opposed to hitting a higher maximum FPS for a split second is really what makes games a whole lot more enjoyable. Nothing is more distracting than starting a firefight in Crysis and see your FPS randomly hitting the low 20s on Medium, and now that doesn't happen to me. It also seems to have improved some framerate stuttering in older games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

Guest Guest
I personally really like the priorities you used in this release. The IQ is definitely improved over 182.05 performance, and the more STABLE FPS as opposed to hitting a higher maximum FPS for a split second is really what makes games a whole lot more enjoyable. Nothing is more distracting than starting a firefight in Crysis and see your FPS randomly hitting the low 20s on Medium, and now that doesn't happen to me. It also seems to have improved some framerate stuttering in older games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

Just a question here...What is IQ ??????

Just a question here...What is IQ ??????

I suppose it means Image Quality... :)

Yup, image quality. I knew things looked "cleaner" the moment I started testing them, but it wasn't until I ran through my collection of regularly-played games that I could honestly say it's much better. And I have an at best average quality LCD screen to begin with.

Guest Guest
I suppose it means Image Quality... :)

ROFL ;-)

Thanx seems so logical now :) I thought it was something way more complicated....some king of new sophisticated 3D term lol

And yeah for me too, a solid average framerate is more enjoyable than one causing anarchical variations...

yes sorry IQ = image quality like the others have said :)