LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics 12.2.3.0 is out

mobilenvidia

mr6686 spotted these over at ASUS :)

Very latest drivers only about 6 weeks old, pretty new for Synaptics standards.

Synaptics v12.2.3.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 12.2.3 02/12/2009 (Win2K/WinXP/Vista)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes

-Fixed Italian shortcut duplicated issues.

-Implemented Palm On Pad feature.

-Added Palm On Pad Enable in control panel - demo inf.

-Put back Momentum Show Video in demo.

-Fixed a 2F scrolling not trigger issue.

-Fixed access violation because the device handle of empty packet is not

initialized.

-Added new icon for pivot rotate.

-Fixed an issue for Secondary finger position filter.

-Fixed issue where 2 finger flick gestures were not recognized by photo

gallery.

-Fixed a bug where gestures would not work right after an unlock.

-To fit onto screen, reduced 30 pixels off height of OEM 600 dialogs,

changed controls' location/size accordingly.

-Fixed the inconsistence of the conditions for TwoFinger-Scrolling.

-Turned on the ChiralRotation per customer's request.

-Removed #ifndef _DEBUG from AGS code.

-OEM PnP ID request for modification.

-Default set scroll item under the pointer and hide Scroll Selection from

the UI for OEM.

-Added a capability for SynCtrl to load its caption string from a string

specified in the registry.

-OEM App for TouchCheck no need to translate at Arabic and Japanese.

-OEM PnP ID request.

-Fixed broken horizontal 2 finger flicks.

-Fixed pointing on ClickPads, if one finger is in the chiral zone

-OEM PnP ID request

-Fixed an issue for fast 2F scrolling.

-Added new PnP ID.

-changed PalmCheck default value for OEM INF to max, which is 7.

-Prevented build inf pickup the wong share files when SYN_BUILD_ROOT has not

been reset. -Removed OEM specific platform name.

I wonder if it has the ability to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected. The older drivers I had from Dell did that, but the 12.1.0 ones posted on this site didn't.

Edited by HunterZ0

Many notebooks have that as Fn plus a F key command.

Well the Dell version had an option to do it automatically, and my XPS M1730 doesn't seem to have an Fn combo for that. I'll live though because I almost never use the touchpad, so I can just leave it disabled by default.

Probably a dumb question...but I'll ask it none-the-less... :)

I haven't updated my touchpad driver outside of the one's supplied by Dell - I have an XPS M1330. Will this driver download work with my hardware/touchpad?

Why does the Synaptics website only show 10.1.8 as the latest driver available (which is what I'm using)?

Forgive my lack of knowledge - I just don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks for the help!

Probably a dumb question...but I'll ask it none-the-less... :)

I haven't updated my touchpad driver outside of the one's supplied by Dell - I have an XPS M1330. Will this driver download work with my hardware/touchpad?

Yes, if you have a synaptics touchpad in your system. My XPS M1730 does - not sure about the M1330, but if you're using synaptics drivers right now then these should work.

Why does the Synaptics website only show 10.1.8 as the latest driver available (which is what I'm using)?

Because companies sometimes release newer drivers to computer companies than to the general public (and sometimes vice versa).

Forgive my lack of knowledge - I just don't want to screw anything up.

You should be able to roll back to whatever version works for you if you have problems.

Edited by HunterZ0

It certainly does work on the m1330, because I'm using it :)

It also works on XP 64-bit and Win2k.

Hunterz0 are you talking about a bios option with your Dell or a synaptics function?

This driver has some particularly useful features. For more info on what I'm talking about, go to the driver's installation directory TouchPad_XP_090318\WinWDF\x86 and view these features in action:

Chiral Rotate = SynChiralRotate.mpg

Chiral Vertical/Horizontal Scrolling = SynChiralVHScroll.mpg

Flick = SynFlick.mpg

Linear Vertical/Horizontal Scrolling = SynLinearVHScroll.mpg

Momentum = SynMomentum.mpg

Pinch = SynPinch.mpg

Even SynCntxt.rtf includes some info regarding Two-Finger Gestures and Three-Finger Gestures (which I believe could be used to have a Two-Finger Scrolling feature found in Mac laptops)

The problem is that these features will only work if you have an Asus hardware. Otherwise, the driver will recognize yours as OEM hardware removing the above mentioned features.

When I tried installing this Synaptics v12.2.3.0 driver in my Compaq Presario F756NR laptop with Windows XP SP3, Device Manager lists my touchpad as Synaptics PS/2 Port Compatible TouchPad and has a Device Instance Id = ACPI\SYN0140\3&2411E6FE&0 and a Hardware Id = ACPI\SYN0140

When I installed this to my laptop, according to Synaptics' Device Settings, my touchpad has a Name = Synaptics TouchPad V6.3. Also, the above features are non-existent in the Settings. The driver works (for me) at a basic level.

Is there any way that this driver be modified to have a modded inf so that the features mentioned above would also work on non-Asus hardware? I'm sure that my touchpad is capable of these features because I have a working Two-Finger Scrolling enabled in Ubuntu Linux.

Hunterz0 are you talking about a bios option with your Dell or a synaptics function?

It was an option in the Synaptics driver, not the BIOS. I could set it so that when I plug in a USB mouse, the Synaptics driver would disable the touchpad. The Synaptics system tray icon would get a little red X on it and there would be a popup saying something along the lines of the touchpad being disabled due to the presence of an external pointing device. Unplugging the mouse would automatically re-enable the touchpad. It was a handy feature.

This should be the version I was using: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=238839

Edited by HunterZ0

Is there any way that this driver be modified to have a modded inf so that the features mentioned above would also work on non-Asus hardware? I'm sure that my touchpad is capable of these features because I have a working Two-Finger Scrolling enabled in Ubuntu Linux.

It's a not modded inf but a little tool. Works in my computer.

http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/

Edited by Bec de Xorbin