LaptopVideo2Go Forums

A Hongkonger need your help in 9600mgt and overclocking...

Guest tommy_o_liu

Guest tommy_o_liu

Halo everyone! This forum is just so great that will never find in HK!

Actually i have few questions and i hope it can be solved in this forum as i never find answers in HK website...

1. How can i overclock my 9600m gt DDR2 512?? I have seen so many way in this forum but i am confused...i try to install nTune but it always HANG in the installation, i download it from the offical website and it said that it support Vista 32bit...i don't know why...however, i don't want to take risk to oc it...i mean flashing the BIOS, isn't it danger? So please give me the safe way to oc it please...

2. I have seen a post here about overclocking 9600m gt, but what i saw it that he/she oc it CPU P8600 2.4Gz to 2.9 which showed on the 3dmark 2006 page, is that possible???

3. I know Macbook Pro is using 9600m gt + 9400M, but why can't it SLI?? and futhermore, it said that its 3d performance is 5 times better than other laptop, it that ture while running it on Vista but not Mac OS?

Will 9600m gt running in Macbook pro is better thatn running in other laptop when both is on vista??

Thanks a lot in sorry about my poor english......

1. You can try other OC programs, like Riva Tuner. You can also try to flash the BIOS, it's pretty safe as long as you are very careful with what you are doing.

2. It's call SetFSB. Search it up.

3. I don't know much about Apples. But let's just say that the technology for the two cards working together just aint there yet for laptops.

Guest GuessWhoIAm

1. Google for RivaTuner, you can use that to overclock your GPU

2. Not sure about this as most notebook have CPU multiplier locked. (Meaning CPU overclocking is highly possible)

3. Apple 9600M GT is using GDDR3 video RAM, which translate to 20% performance advantage over the DDR2 version of 9600M GT. The reason behind 9400m and 9600M GT unable to SLi is because there's simply no performance advantage to it so Nvidia decided no to implement SLi in this configuration.

Thank you so much~!

but can i find the way to overclock the GPU and also the CPU?? It's so compliated and i don't wanna damage my laptop...pls show me the steps...

thanks~~~

As I said before, you can overclock the CPU as well with SetFSB. Here's the link:http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/

However, overclocking the FSB means that the memory frequencies and the GPU will also overclock, so you need to be a bit careful and also your motherboard model has to be supported.

Edited by Blacky

i try to use Setfsb, but i don't know which Generator i should choose as i can't find my motherboard model on the list given....

You can try and search the internet for the PLL, look for it in the service manual or open up our laptop and look for it :) . It's written on the motherboard. But usually if it's not on the list, it will not work.

One way to make sure if it works or not, is to try each PLL one by one and see if one of them will work. Many people actually do that.

Edited by Blacky

• 3 weeks later...

u cant setfsb for 5930 .. the author said its locked .. there's no PLL support for 5930 in setfsb