LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Weird graphic artifacts after upgrading drivers

Guest Ben C

Guest Ben C

I have a Sager laptop with an 8700m GT graphics card and running Vista 32. I just upgraded the drivers and things are improved...except one thing.

If I unplug my laptop from the wall (or from the back of the computer) while it's on, the screen flashes to black for just a moment (like, .1 second). Then, when I plug it back in, I get some weird graphics artifacts - and the colors got inverted - it's very odd. This was not happening before I upgraded the drivers.

The other problem is that I can't take a screenshot of it - it just looks normal in screenshots. So I had to take a photo of it with my cameraphone. This is what it looks like:

n81000843_39331616_2619670.jpg

In order to fix it, I have to go back and change something - anything - in the graphics settings, and it goes back to normal.

This isn't right. Ideas?

Try to use an external monitor to see what happnes.

What drivers have you been using before and during this occurrence? I suggest trying the newest dox drivers and see if it fixes the problem as this looks very much like a driver problem and nothing hardware related.