LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fujitsu M3438g with Go6800 from ACER no GPU-Temp readings

nomed

Hi,

When Go6800 got busted in my Fujitsu m3438g laptop, I bought 1 off from ebay.

Although it was MXMIII Go 6800, it wasn't fujitsu branded, it came out from an ACER 3600 (?) as the seller said.

The reason I got it is because it was plain cheaper than fujitsu branded ones (around 1/3).

The problem I have now is that there's no reading of GPU temperature as a result FAN doesn't kick in when the GPU gets hot.

And how do I understand that is when I do something in 3D (like games or ubuntu visualiasions) for a relatively long period of time (around 20-30mins) the laptop shuts itself.

Everythin is ok in Windows.

nvflash doesn't work for unknown reason gives error while running like driver initialisation failed so I cannot downgrade to fujitsu vbios :)

Any suggestions or workarounds ?

Any helps is much appreciated.

PS:

I am using Windows XP home SP3 with all the updates.

nvidia drivers are genuine 7.9.3.0 from fujitsu ( Im not a speed freak), I had hard time installing these tho and had to use different inf.

vbios version is 5.41.02.44.01

Edited by nomed