LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.65 is out

Galdere

Another new set of drivers with the seperate Control Panel installer.

These are going to need a completely new INF to allow for it.

I'll work on this, this afternoon as there are all 4 versions to work with (and I can test it now)

In the Meantime try to force an install of the included GPU's if you cant' wait to try it.

Pick one closest to your Notebook version, should work just fine as the driver will sort out what you really have in your machine.

You can do this via the Control Panel, Device Manager, Update driver, then search where you extracted the driver.

Vista x86

Vista x64

WinXP x86

WinXP x64

Release Highlights:

New in Release 185.65:

· Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 275 GPU.

· Adds support for Ambient Occlusion ? the newest NVIDIA Control Panel feature to offer enhanced 3D gaming realism exclusively to GeForce GPUs.

· Adds support for CUDA 2.2 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See www.nvidia.com/cuda for more details.

· Accelerates performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 185 drivers vs. Release 182 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):

o Up to 11% performance increase in Call of Duty: World at War

o Up to 5% performance increase Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

o Up to 22% performance increase Crysis: Warhead with antialiasing enabled

o Up to 11% performance increase in Fallout 3 with antialiasing enabled

o Up to 14% performance increase in Far Cry 2

o Up to 45% performance increase in Mirror?s Edge with antialiasing enabled

· Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!

· Numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release documentation notes.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Galdere

• Nautis1100

• neokjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah was a shock for me too, to see how many new ones found today.

I think you caused it Dox ;-)

As u sad i take a break there was a little break with new ones from nvidia.

Now they know ur are back here and they want you and Pieter to do some great work for us.

Hope u both find some time to make infs for this version and the others.

Thx neokjo

this is a new architecture in the drivers

I am VERY interested :)

I made my own infs and they went through the installation but said no changes were made =/

The only way I've gotten these to work is to uninstall all my old drivers and use the have-disk method and choose a card that's not mine.

Guest Guest

So far these drivers WinXP 32 are very unstable. This causes a crash in roughly 1-2 minutes of game play on a Stock 260 GTX and 9800 SLI rigs havnt tried on my vista system but im gonna have to revert back I can duplicate the crash over and over again on Dawn of War 2

seems like CSS is borked on these drivers.

black screen on menu.

seems like CSS is borked on these drivers.

black screen on menu.

Same here, though all the other source-engine games work fine. I did manage to get into a game by geussing where my mouse was and listening to the sounds, but when ou are plaing there is no crosshair and all the bump-maps are messed up and purple.

I think they are trying out all the HL2 optimization, however CSS hasn't been upgraded to the orange box engine yet so that may be why.

I can also don't use this driver with self-modded inf

Same problem like Covert

No 8 series support....nooooooo!

Holy crap.. give us modders a little break at least. :)

Not that I am complaining.

Looks like Pieter may have to work his control panel magic on these too.

is that April 1st joke or something :) waiting for Dox's 185 series drivers ,i think team Nvidia will not give him a chance to get some break :)

Well I figured out a way to extract the files from NvCplSetupInt.exe (using a bit of a work around) so a little progress on that front at least.

Laptop users can just add their cards and can install the driver i added mine 9800M GTX, powermizer working even when SLI is enable powermizer is working very good

nvidia control panel installs fine :)

working on optimising these ;p

I dont like the fact css is not working though :)

what does 185 series bring compared to 182 series ??????? I don't understand why there are so many drivers...

Guest Stouf

Same here, I don't really understand why these series.

On a side note, I tried using Mob Modder.net with these drivers, not working (installer detects my card but doesn't install the drivers, not much luck with "have disk" method.

9700mGT, Asus G50v-ak043k

Read the release notes if you don't understand the differences.

It has been stated there are big changes with how these install. No surprise then that mob modder won't work, it doesn't with any 185 series driver.

Yeah it is not surprising the mobility modder will not work with the 185 series as the INF is structurally very different. The mobility modder as far as I can tell works by searching for and adding to (or replacing) certain sections in the INF that do not exist in 185 series. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to update it to support the 185 series. I tend to prefer the custom INFs from here vs the generic one made by the mobility modder though.

On top of the things listed in the release notes I can say that the 185 series are the first that work on my Hybrid Graphics notebook. My guess is that nvidia is trying to unify things a bit better with these. That might be the reason they have separated out the main portion of the drivers from the control panel section also.

Edited by Nautis1100