• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Galdere

• Nautis1100

• neokjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'll wait and mod a WHQL 185.xx instead :)

Drivers not up to your standards eh? :)

I rather release something people wont complain about :)

edit: or in my case not complain as much!

Yeah, people probably do complain about your drivers, considering I've had stuttering issues with ALL versions of your "optimized" drivers on my $2500 laptop, but no issues with the actual official drivers

I dont know DOX... I think this might be worth tweaking...

I normally dont base a driver on 3dmark... but my scores went from this:

post-36529-1238717940_thumb.jpg

to this:

post-36529-1238717971_thumb.jpg

also, crysis benchmarks are better too.

avg fps before with 182.46: 20

avg fps after with 185.65: 26

going to test actual gameplay right now.

and by the way... How can anyone complain about your drivers... doesnt anyone appreciate anything anymore?!?!? its not like they are paying for the drivers... the concept is simple: If one driver doesnt work for you, move on until you find one that does!

Edited by 0ri0n

MK, either there is something wrong with your laptop or you don't know how to use it. Based on your attitude towards out great modder, who has a much appreciated proven track record, I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

As Dox isn't going to do this release, I made a ###### child of an altered version of his 185.20 balanced inf with the 185.65 files. Thanks as well to Nautis1100, who contacted me in advance, about the arkwardness of getting to the control panel with this one.

This is for my testing purposes, but I'm making a link available for it. I and no one else are in any way liable for, or are supporting anything to do with it. If you choose to try it then you do so at your own risk without recourse. Make sure you uninstall and use driver sweeper in safe mode first if you do so.

Vista x64 ONLY:

Download

Mirror

Your link got borked, but I was able to guess it: http://rapidshare.com/files/216762982/LV2G...65_x64_Test.rar

Edit: you added the filefront link as I was posting :) Rapidshare one is still broken though.

Edited by Ver Greeneyes

Your link got borked

well, modding the inf myself and installing the drivers i must say i like them. ALL previous drivers caused a 2 minute+ boot time, i always thought it had to do with the nvidia drivers, but this just proves it, my boot time is down to 45 seconds, and both vantage and 3dmark06 have gone up nicely:

3dmark06 9891

3dmark Vantage p6427

3dmark06 9836

3dmark Vantage p7832

3dmark06 9923

3dmark Vantage p8113

gonna go test crysis now :)

damn, crysis GPU benchmark went from an average 20.21 FPS up to 24.87 all settings high, DX10

Edited by Exile1975

how bout a inf for 32-bit vista? :)

Do your 4gb system a favour and... :)

Do your 4gb system a favour and... :)

I concur... get x64 use the full power of that rig...

in the meantime... grab me a copy of the x86 inf and i will mod it for you. :)

ha ha, you flipped the xp and vista links... xp 32 brings you to the vista 32 drivers, same goes for 64 drivers.... awaiting inf to see how gaming performance improves

Edited by OldMan

Guest Guest

has anyone had issues installing these on windows 7 build 7000 I'm currently using 185.20

but as soon as I uninstall the driver and reboot windows instals its generic vga adaptor and then I instal this..it says it is works but after rebooting no change , device manager says its still using the generic vga and rivatuner does not see the 185.65 ...

don't remember if I had this problem with 185.20 or how I made it work..so any tips ? ( I've found out that the best performance on win7 is achieved with 185's)

can this be used with a dual 8700 gt? Thanks, I'm new to this and would like to have a good driver for my xps 1730.

Guest Puppy Powa
MK, either there is something wrong with your laptop or you don't know how to use it. Based on your attitude towards out great modder, who has a much appreciated proven track record, I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

As Dox isn't going to do this release, I made a ###### child of an altered version of his 185.20 balanced inf with the 185.65 files. Thanks as well to Nautis1100, who contacted me in advance, about the arkwardness of getting to the control panel with this one.

This is for my testing purposes, but I'm making a link available for it. I and no one else are in any way liable for, or are supporting anything to do with it. If you choose to try it then you do so at your own risk without recourse. Make sure you uninstall and use driver sweeper in safe mode first if you do so.

Vista x64 ONLY:

Download

Mirror

I do admit that the comment was harsh but you should cut the guy some slack. Why? Because hardware compatibilities are well known issues. 2 identical laptops on paper will not perform the same due to the inter-operability between parts. So if the OP has a 2500 laptop with both a HW and SW configuration different from the rest, you can be sure that things don't work. For example, every DOX driver I used on my M17 before Nvidia started to release newer notebook drivers, yielded only issues. Force shutdown after trying to resume from sleep, one game was having higher fps, another was having lower, etc, etc, etc.

One again, the OP was not a diplomat but you followed suit.

Hi,

Just to report a nice performance improvement (over 182.08 and 179.48) and no problems with that driver on my machine (8600M GS). I just added my card manualy to the INF and laucnh'd the setup.

Well the guy was disgruntled over the fact my modded version didnt work well on his $2500 investment.

No one is forced to use them :)

You know what it didnt bother me one bit, you can please some but not all.

Thats life, you get people who complaing about something they getting for free because things are not 100% and you got those that appreciate it, not much you can do about that apart from start asking for money for the drivers to add in specific laptop tweaks and files to get things as close to the actual official drivers as possible.

Something which I dont really have time or motivation to do for free.

morale of the story?

buy a desktop :)

edit:

Whoa I dont think I've seen a discussion for a driver like this in a while,

definitely a good idea to keep the news post on drivers open!

Yes, can't beat a good discussion on drivers, and this is a goody (to discuss as it won't install for me)

Welcome to our world, you can't please all, can only please as many as possible.

No use buying a desktop as you'll just go to another forum with the same issues :)

Dox don't listen to anyone who doesn't have the skill to do the things you do with drivers. I trust you and your optimized releases i hope this one will be a great one too. Keep the good work :) :)

By the end of the week they might even call it whql.

Guest brownstonemr

So I have been trying to edit the .inf and I know its different that past .inf files but can someone tell me what to put in there now? On older .inf files I would just put:

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0608.1% = nv_G9x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0608&SUBSYS_05771588

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0608.1% = nv_G9x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0608

Its for a 9800m GTX btw.

Thx!

brownstonemr: just use the following.

"NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX" = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0608

I can't guarantee it'll work, but it should :)