LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

mrazza

ok i may sound like a complete and utter noob by asking this. but here it goes.

i use to use a driver i got from this forum for my NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M but i recently formatted my laptop. and ive been searching ans searching this site but i cant seem to find the one im after... can ne1 point me in the right direction. it would be much appreciated.

Andrew is the expert here on those types, I think he was recommending 177.92 last time I saw, but he may suggest 179.48 or a Dox 180 series one now.

I'm sure he'll let you know when he spots this thread soon.

Andrew is the expert here on those types, I think he was recommending 177.92 last time I saw, but he may suggest 179.48 or a Dox 180 series one now.

I'm sure he'll let you know when he spots this thread soon.

much appreciated mate much appreciated :) ill check back later on tonight after ive got back from the pub. or on second thoughts probably tomorrow sumtime :) not really advisable to do this stuff after a drink. :P

Guest ray73864

I would be interested in this too. I have tried the latest update from the compaq website for my V6508AU (Australian model) laptop but the video becomes unstable and the system self-reboots after a random amount of time.

When i roll back to the old version that was supplied with the laptop (163.71 i think from memory) the system starts working again, however when i hook my laptop (Running Windows 7 beta) up to a projector the display on the projector is all fuzzy.

For a good all round driver as Galdere stated, 177.92 remains the best. The only disadvantage is that it seems to run about a few degrees hotter than the newest Dox release (182.46). If you have the time you can try both and see which works better. Remember to uninstall your previous drivers properly. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
For a good all round driver as Galdere stated, 177.92 remains the best. The only disadvantage is that it seems to run about a few degrees hotter than the newest Dox release (182.46). If you have the time you can try both and see which works better. Remember to uninstall your previous drivers properly. Good luck!

I will add myself to the thanks, I will try them =) thanks.

Any recommedation to follow as I use my laptop to play WoW, any specific driver that might help?

The last one I was trying yesterday was:

182.46 Vista 64bit - 2009-03-17, which works pretty stable, but i wanna try the ones you recommend.

I used that one because it was the one I found for Vista 64bit (my O.S) in the main page, any other recommendations for the 7150M? , I know it's not high end video card, just wanna have a playable experience with WoW and increase performance of the game a little.

Current temperatures while playing is 66°C, is it fine? what else can i do to get a few more FPS

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I will search forums to see what i can find

Edited by pokegus81

For WoW, i will continue to recommend the 177.92. Your idle temps are fine.

For WoW, i will continue to recommend the 177.92. Your idle temps are fine.

Thanks Andrew you are really kind i will check them, last night i used 182.46 Dox release, i got like 5-10 more fps while playing, If you recommend 177.92 I guess i have to test them tonight to see if they perform better

tempature with 182.46 was around 66-70 °C

Today I found a link in the wow forums that might help is about the HT Link of the processor it seems sometimes under de 800Mhz i will check if i have that issue in my lap and if i do change that configuration on the bios

link http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...93758&sid=1

I will check tonight and let you know n_n

how are your resullts with the 177.92 and have you tried the 179.48? curious cause i have the same card. if you want, you can check out my topic at http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=23618. so far the 179.48 runs mine coolest while giving best performance but i haven't tried the dox(182.46) one.

Oh yes, i forgot to mention the 179.48 (haven't used my laptop in a while). It, as Maarij said is also a good option.

Long weekend testing :) lets see

177.92 - pretty nice, but the lines on character became too pixeled, more than normal, it gave a few more fps and temprature was still between 60-71 °C, this while playing alone (solo) in the night. Later I went to a 25 man raid it was baaaaaaad, Wasn't able to play to more than 15-20 fps.

At that moment i received a windows update with new drivers for the 7150M (i dunno which version it was, my guess is 179.48 or 179.82) i decided to download them and restart i was playing really really nice the temperature was actually good 60-72 °C

Today I'm using those drivers from windows update and tweaked some wow configurations from the Config.wtf file, disactivating shadows, which really really boosted my fps from the very first loging screen

You can disable shadows with /console Fixedfunction 1 in game and restarting or adding SET Fixedfunction 1 to the Config.wtf file

I got today new drivers from nvidia, Aren't for notebook, are for desktop, should I give them a try?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_185.85_whql.html

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL

Version: 185.85

Release Date: May 06, 2009

Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit

Language: U.S. English

File Size: 99.1 MB

I actually find a funny behaivor from WoW, sometimes my fps drop to 10-15 then all I do is ctrl+tab to go back to windows and ctrl+tab to go back to WoW, tadaaaa 20-25 fps again when in raid : / dunno why this happen, someone can tell?

Also I will try this tip i got from a wow forum to increase fps, it seem to work with other games too

http://ogh.cc/f153/how-increase-your-fps-video-26773/

I would like to ask something I know 7150M is PCI express, but which speeds (1x? 4x?) does it have? can i set it? where? I ask because of this:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...09544&sid=1

We've seen reports where a video card running on very low bandwidth connections (PCI, PCI Express 1x, 2x, 4x) will cause your framerate to stay in the 20s on low settings. Is your graphics card data-bottlenecked? Run GPU-Z (http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/) and make sure your video card is not a PCI video card, or if it's a PCI Express card that it is operating at 16x speed. If you only have a PCI Express 8x slot, those should work fine.

Well hope you like my little testing and that it's usefull for someone else, tonight i will try the tip to increase fos and see how it works, should I test driver 185.85?

Cheers

Edited by pokegus81

not sure if you should try out the 185.85 but could you tell me what your current driver is that you got from windows update? you can find it by going to device manager>display adapters>properties>driver version: xxxxxxxxxx

not sure if you should try out the 185.85 but could you tell me what your current driver is that you got from windows update? you can find it by going to device manager>display adapters>properties>driver version: xxxxxxxxxx

Driver version checked 7.15.11.7948 , hope this helps

oh ok. that's the one i'm using too. 179.48. so far this has been the best one for me for gaming. which one has been best for you?

Edited by Maarij

I've been playing pretty nice so far, but i got a little something last night

Dunno suddenly while playing at 35 fps it will drop to 12-15 fps, but the thing is I just ctrl+tab to windows then ctrl+tab to Wow tadaaaa 35 fps again =/

Anyone ever got something like this? Actually I go back to wow from windows and playing nice, after a few minutes It will get back to 15 fps then the same =/

What could make this happen?

i used to have that happen to me too. it happened to my laptop a while after i first bought it. eventually wow stopped being playable because it would stay at 35fps for about 10 minutes and then it would drop down to ~10 fps and even alt tabbing or restarting wow wouldn't fix the fps problem. i think it's because of GPU overheating and the damage increasing to it overtime. do you have a warranty up on yours still?

I've been playing pretty nice so far, but i got a little something last night

Dunno suddenly while playing at 35 fps it will drop to 12-15 fps, but the thing is I just ctrl+tab to windows then ctrl+tab to Wow tadaaaa 35 fps again =/

Anyone ever got something like this? Actually I go back to wow from windows and playing nice, after a few minutes It will get back to 15 fps then the same =/

What could make this happen?

What are your gpu temps while gaming?

What are your gpu temps while gaming?

Actually between around 66-70 °C highest 71 °C

Edited by pokegus81

That's unusually low, is this during gaming?

i used to have that happen to me too. it happened to my laptop a while after i first bought it. eventually wow stopped being playable because it would stay at 35fps for about 10 minutes and then it would drop down to ~10 fps and even alt tabbing or restarting wow wouldn't fix the fps problem. i think it's because of GPU overheating and the damage increasing to it overtime. do you have a warranty up on yours still?
That's unusually low, is this during gaming?

Yes Andrew those are my in game temperatures :) Guys I updated again during weekend, check this out:

First i was with 179.48 (downloaded from windows update) and wasn't able to play because of the fps drop from time to time, even with the ctrl+tab so i downgraded to the drivers from hp site for my laptop which are here 177.13 and can be found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...100〈=es

The issue of the FPS drop disappeared but, this drivers were a little oldies for my taste (talking about version I mn 177.13 and the temperature came down from 66-70°C while playing to 62-64°C (while 60°C out of game)

Anyway I remembered that I also got some drivers from nvidia site for my laptop which were laptop drivers for de 7150M

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_noteb...79.48_beta.html

GeForce Release 179 for Notebooks BETA

Version: 179.48

Release Date: February 11, 2009

Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit

Language: U.S. English

File Size: 147 MB

The first time i downloaded them I didn't used them cause they were the same version as the windows update drivers I got last week, but I dunno why, may be cause i saw that windows update driver were signed by microsoft and these other drivers were actually nvidia drivers I decided to try them and see if the fps issue happened again, guess what?...NO FPS ISSUE WITH NVIDIA DRIVERS!!! while not in-game temparture is 57-58°C and in game 62-67°C some peaks to 70°C but is rare if you see a 70°C most of the time you will see 66°C or 67°C

If you wanna get this drivers try the above link those are for vista 64 bits notebooks, wanna search for yours try:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Just remember to pick in product series the one that says (notebook) for example mine was GeForce Go 7 Series (Notebooks)

Im actually having the same results of good fps that i got with windows update drivers but no fps drop =)

Hope this helps =)

just wondering, but what's your fps now with wow and what settings do you use?

just wondering, but what's your fps now with wow and what settings do you use?

Actually that depends on the zones and etc, i will say its playable in low demanding zones I'm usually at 65fps (like Ironforge)

in order mor demanding zones like the new WTLK zones i can be between 18 -25 depending if it's covered or not etc...

Settings here i leave the WTF file of my config, this should go in the Config.wtf file in the WTF folder of Wow, you can use it the way I post it if you have dual core.

SET coresDetected "2"

SET hwDetect "0"

SET gxRefresh "60"

SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"

SET videoOptionsVersion "1"

SET movie "0"

SET Gamma "1.000000"

SET showToolsUI "1"

SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"

SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"

SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"

SET farclip "287"

SET EnableVoiceChat "1"

SET checkAddonVersion "0"

SET mouseSpeed "1"

SET VoiceActivationSensitivity "0.39999997615814"

SET Sound_OutputQuality "0"

SET Sound_VoiceChatInputDriverName "System Default"

SET Sound_VoiceChatOutputDriverName "System Default"

SET ChatMusicVolume "0.29999998211861"

SET ChatSoundVolume "0.39999997615814"

SET ChatAmbienceVolume "0.29999998211861"

SET Sound_EnableSoundWhenGameIsInBG "1"

SET shadowLOD "0"

SET gameTip "71"

SET uiScale "0.83999997377396"

SET useUiScale "1"

SET textureFilteringMode "0"

SET baseMip "1"

SET weatherDensity "0"

SET ffxGlow "0"

SET ffxDeath "0"

SET particleDensity "0.20000000298023"

SET environmentDetail "0.5"

SET M2UseShaders "0"

SET M2UsePixelShaders "1"

SET M2Faster "0"

SET MaXLights "1"

SET componentCompress "0"

SET timingMethod "2"

SET gxTripleBuffer "1"

SET gxFixLag "0"

SET FixedFunction "1"

SET Sound_EnableHardware "1"

Hope this is usefull

okay, i dled the trial version and my fps in the NE starting are was staying around 30

okay, i dled the trial version and my fps in the NE starting are was staying around 30

:) I wanted to know 30 fps is good for you? is better than with the other drivers? what temperatures do you get?

Also you can try this with Nvidia Control Panel:

(from http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...0481&sid=1)

control panel> Nvidia control panel > 3d settings > manage 3d settings

you need to alter the global settings list to reflect these settings,

not all of the settings will be available depending on your setup,

make sure you select 'advanced view' at the top of the screen, and not 'custom view'

or 'standard' this is what i use:

Anisotropic filtering - application controlled

anisotropic mip filter optimization - on

anisotropic sample optimization - off

Antialiasing settings - 2xQ

Conformant texture clamp - on/use hardware

Extension limit - off

Force mipmaps - bilinear

Multiple graphics card acceleration - single display performance mode

Negative LOD bias - allow

SLI performance mode - force alternate frame rendering 2

Texture filtering - high performance

Transparancy antialiasing - multisampling

Image settings - high performance

Color profile - N/A

Vertical sync - app controlled

Trilinear optimization - on

Triple buffering - off

You should even note the improve in fps in the login screen of the game. =)