LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

mrazza

i changed what i could with what was on that list and what was selectable from the options it displayed for me. not all of them were displayed and i did get to it like you told me. after running it, saw a drop of about an average of 1-3 fps. after this, i decided to try out my own settings and ended up now with ~35-40 fps. big jump for me :) . went from ~27-32 to ~34-40.

edit: to answer your questions, this is about the ~30 fps was about what i got from most drivers. my temps while playing hover around 80 but i noticed that my laptop tends to run hotter. i have sent it in twice and they replaced some parts because the first time it didn't work properly (heated up to 94C x.x)

edit again: as for wow video settings, in resolution i run 800x600 windowed mode and have vsync & triple buffering and reduce input lag disabled and hardware cursor enabled and 24x24x1 multisampling and 60hz refresh. in video i have all the bars to the far left minimum except for view distance and particle density which are set to max and then i have spectacular lighting, death effect, glow effect, and projected textures set to off. maybe you are getting the 65fps in IF cause you have view distance set to less? cause i know that makes like the biggest difference. when i set all the bars to minimum, i could get ~58 fps if looking at the ground :)

Edited by Maarij

i changed what i could with what was on that list and what was selectable from the options it displayed for me. not all of them were displayed and i did get to it like you told me. after running it, saw a drop of about an average of 1-3 fps. after this, i decided to try out my own settings and ended up now with ~35-40 fps. big jump for me :) . went from ~27-32 to ~34-40.

edit: to answer your questions, this is about the ~30 fps was about what i got from most drivers. my temps while playing hover around 80 but i noticed that my laptop tends to run hotter. i have sent it in twice and they replaced some parts because the first time it didn't work properly (heated up to 94C x.x)

edit again: as for wow video settings, in resolution i run 800x600 windowed mode and have vsync & triple buffering and reduce input lag disabled and hardware cursor enabled and 24x24x1 multisampling and 60hz refresh. in video i have all the bars to the far left minimum except for view distance and particle density which are set to max and then i have spectacular lighting, death effect, glow effect, and projected textures set to off. maybe you are getting the 65fps in IF cause you have view distance set to less? cause i know that makes like the biggest difference. when i set all the bars to minimum, i could get ~58 fps if looking at the ground :)

Glad all this helped you =)

May I ask which settings did you took in the nvidia control panel? I wanna try those in my notebook, may I know them pleeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee?? *o* XDDDD

I usually play at 1024x768 and yes, I usually use everything or almost everything in low (even view distance, which I usually set to 1 or 2 marks, same for particle density)

Want another tip? you could also try this one ;P

It has worked with some people =)

https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...57262&sid=1

================================================== =======

STEP ONE: Go to your game directory (ex. program files/world of warcraft/) then right click and select new-text document.

STEP TWO: name the text-document "wow.bat" (if it doesn't turn into a .bat file you may need to use notepad and save as "wow.bat".

STEP THREE: Right click the file and select EDIT, then type in the following:

-------------------------

@echo off

cd /d "Path to folder"

start /high wow.exe

-------------------------

STEP FOUR: Save the file and exit, then right click on the file and click send to desktop. Click on the file in your desktop and Enjoy your new fps

================================================== =======

Edited by pokegus81

umm...can you give me your example of what you wrote inside your notepad?

edit: i'll get up some SS's of my settings cause i don't want to type it all out

edit: i figured it out, doesn't work for me :)

Edited by Maarij

post-31030-1242795906_thumb.jpg

post-31030-1242795941_thumb.jpg

tell me how these settings end up for you

Edited by Maarij

post-31030-1242795906_thumb.jpg

post-31030-1242795941_thumb.jpg

tell me how these settings end up for you

I will test them tonight :) last night the server was down xD new patch 3.1.2 :) I play in europe server XDDD

To gain some free memory you could also turn off the transparency of windows Vista theme :P hehehe I keep everything on minimum XDDDD

that helped raise the fps about 1-3 on average i'd say

that helped raise the fps about 1-3 on average i'd say

XDDD wow XD we are learning how to squeezeeee the 7150M for gaming here :) lets se what else can we do

lol, tell me your results with the settings i used. i'm wondering my gpu gets less fps then yours :s

lol, tell me your results with the settings i used. i'm wondering my gpu gets less fps then yours :s

I think i won from 1-3 fps, I can't tell exaclty, but i feel the game a little more agile, you know like when at certain camera changes i used to get stiff camera changes, now are a little bit more fluid.

BTW check this link:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...09544&sid=1

It might help you, I would take a look at this specially:

Vista has additional features that can control CPU speed.

Open the Control Panel, then open System and Maintenance.

Go to Power Options, pick High performance.

Click on Change plan settings underneath it, then click Change advanced power settings.

Go to your Processor power management section and change both minimum and maximum processor states to 100%.

Hit OK

Hope it helps =) lemme know if you get good results with any of those recommendations =)

sorry, playing another game and this one event if running. might be a while before i try these out

Guest Guest
Actually between around 66-70 °C highest 71 °C

how can he get those temps when i got the same gpu and i get over 90 C when playing :/.

U gotta tell me whats wrong with my comp its only like 6 months old.

Pokegus gpu is actually very cool compared to the norm which is around 85-90. Over that and i would consider it to be running hot. Try cleaning out your fans.

n_n also i use a base fan under my laptop any way that's just for under the laptop, my gpu is in the back dunno if that's the reason of it being a little cooler.

And by the way running wow.exe as a Windows XP application (you can set this at file properties of wow.exe in windows vista) improved my fps a little more :) hope this helps