Galdere

What a difference .01 makes... lol

with 185.65

post-36529-1238802991_thumb.jpg

and with 185.66

post-36529-1238803019_thumb.jpg

and from 26 avg fps in crysis with 185.65

to 28 avg fps with 185.66

only caveat is that this one runs 2-3C hotter than 185.65 but thats ok for now.

These drivers ROCK.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

I thought my 179 drivers would be the best it would get. Got like +750 on 3dmarks. I eagerly await optimization, I'd love to run some tests on it myself.

Guest AeGun

I had successfully installed 185.66 on my laptop with GeForce Go 7300. But I can't turn off PowerMizer -- can't find any PowerMizer registry like an older version

and Powermizer Switch doesn't work too.

I prefer you the last Dox 182.46 from here for u mysticgenius

Link: Dox Optimised 182.46

It is a stable release for almost anyone.

You should try this or an other WHQL if u got problems with this.

Hi,

thanks for the info, please could you point me in the direction of the WHQL drivers you speak of? (just in case i have an issue with the Dox Optimised version!!)

also, what would happen if i used these drivers?

thanksyou for your advice

MG

. But I can't turn off PowerMizer -- can't find any PowerMizer registry like an older version

and Powermizer Switch doesn't work too.

Same here - but at least my lappie goes to 2D and 3D Performance speeds as meant.

Strange, I'm using an 8600m GT and I try to add this line to the nv4_disp.inf file:

"NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT" = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407

When I try to install, it doesn't give me the usual display device can't be found error, rather it takes like 3 seconds to install and at the end it says "system has not been modified" blah blah.

Help Please? :)

EDIT: It seems like modding the inf myself doesn't work for XP, but Vista users are doing just fine :)

Edited by spvn

Guest Guest

It seems conflict with ALC888 in realtek HD driver v2.21??

After install 185.66 version in Winxp, My ALC888 disappeared ,so after uninstall it, it is ok.

My card is Geforce 9400 GT

im assumin there is a fix from the 185.65 anyone know whats changed?

Guest Nono06

I have exactly the same problem with CSS and driver 185.65-185.66

The only way I found so far to fix it, is to force the game to start in DX8 mode (start it once with -dxlevel 80). In such config HDR is not fully working. So AO is working but not HDR? well it is not a real improvement :)

I clearly do not recommend 185.66 if you have World in Conflict since AO is not working well (The horizon is corrupted with black lines) with those (185.65 are ok).

If someone knows how to make CSS working in DX9, do not hesitate to post :)

Guest Guest

This has been asked probably some times - but how save is it to use INF modded (without overclocking etc.) drivers for laptops ?

Are laptopdrivers different in any way ?

....and still no modded infs.... nice!

07_11_2003-stupidposts.gif

Hi - new to forums, but been a long-time downloader of amazing drivers! Thank you!! :unsure:

Look everyone, I want to explain how EASY it just was for me to add my card (2x GeForce 8700M GT) to the INF if you're waiting for modifeds to come out ... :)

Based on the posts above, I went in and realized that a) my card isn't being defined by the inf, and :) once defined I needed to recognize it's hardware ID as another supported. So, I went in to where the %NVIDIA lines are, looked at the last #'d model, and added a new one ...

%NVIDIA_DEV.086D.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_086D

%NVIDIA_DEV.0871.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0871

%NVIDIA_DEV.0872.01% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0409 (this bold one is MINE, I added! I got the '0409' from my Device Manager's Hardware ID tab, it's one of the aliases you can pull up under 'Compatible IDs' in the drop down tab under Details of your Driver Properties).

I just ADDED 0872 because it was the logical next #. No idea if I was messin' anything up, but I figured that it's just a driver, can always be uninstalled and replaced.

Next step, went down the inf to where the names of the cards are ID'd, it looks like this ...

NVIDIA_DEV.086C.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i"

NVIDIA_DEV.086D.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9200 "

NVIDIA_DEV.0871.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9200 "

NVIDIA_DEV.0872.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT " Again ADDED this line! Just defined my card with the next logical ID # (notice it's the one I added up above).

It's installed perfectly, no issues. It's not that hard guys, even a bumbler like me could do it.

:P

How are the Temps compared to 179.xx or 182.xx??

I got an increase of 1-2*C under full load, not bad at all for the performance jump

i got no increase at my 3DMARK 06 point . with 182.05 5779 ,182.46 5696 ,185.66 5689 :)

Nicely done, Garrettjaxx.

The 872.01% just references the string so no issues there since you added it to the bottom.

The main item is the Section003 which follows the [section003] list of routines.

I will have a look at the XP infs later since Pieter has been away today.

windows 7 x64 test

pretty unstable drivers

with time with laptop on, performance keeps droping

sometimes bsod right after click shut down or restart if i have a game open (EDIT: even if i close games still get bsod sometimes)

performance changes a lot depending on the part of game im playing on

some vista drivers do that but if i use windows 7 181.71 i get very stable drivers along the time im using laptop

performance of 181.71 not so good like 185.66 but its still pretty good

non gaming apps like internet explorer web page rendering is very good with 185.66 but with 181.71 for win 7 rendering web pages is quite slow and progressive. both have fast scroll

there is many more things good in win 7 drivers n bad in vista drivers and vice-versa that with all that idk which one should i use :)

Edited by Beyond

Nicely done, Garrettjaxx.

Thanks I was pretty proud of myself!

SOmething to note on the posts above - again, just the fresh eyes of a newb here, but sometimes 'fresh eyes' is all it takes ... ... :)

Beyond, below that, I notice that you have 64, and I know jack about it, but an 8400 GT M is now, unfortunately, an 'old' card. Is it single or dual? I have 2x 8700M GT's and they are great, but, alas I can't run Warhammer on High Quality, and Alienware is offering upgrades to the 9800M cards (I just can't bear to part with my baby for a week lol).

Now, the point I make is that, with a fairly high powered OS like 64 and a sort of older mobile card (or cards, if you have dual running), you might just not be able to handle this driver? I dunno, for all I know, 64 gives you more GPU power, but it seems like you have a sort of old card, so maybe that's it.

Don't flame the newb! :)

Edited by Garrettjaxx

Thanks I was pretty proud of myself!

SOmething to note on the posts above - again, just the fresh eyes of a newb here, but sometimes 'fresh eyes' is all it takes ... ... :P

Beyond, below that, I notice that you have 64, and I know jack about it, but an 8400 GT M is now, unfortunately, an 'old' card. Is it single or dual? I have 2x 8700M GT's and they are great, but, alas I can't run Warhammer on High Quality, and Alienware is offering upgrades to the 9800M cards (I just can't bear to part with my baby for a week lol).

Now, the point I make is that, with a fairly high powered OS like 64 and a sort of older mobile card (or cards, if you have dual running), you might just not be able to handle this driver? I dunno, for all I know, 64 gives you more GPU power, but it seems like you have a sort of old card, so maybe that's it.

Don't flame the newb! :)

lol? :)

1st - 64 bit OS is not a high powered OS (i advice you to read something about CPU architectures)

2nd - 64 bit OS doesnt give any power to GPU (like i said CPU architectures not GPU)

3rd - 8000 series cards arent oldies yet, besides they still are supported in latest official drivers not modded

4th - i just run light games that my card (single) runs properly like mmorpg or games that lets say... they arent the latest

5th - there is no cards that cant "handle a driver". the driver simply supports the card architecture or not, if not the driver simply cant be installed or run

Well like I said, not a pro, and didn't know 64 was not a high powered OS. I'll likely not read up on OS architecture though, since I couldn't care less, but thanks for the advice anyway.

8000 series mobile cards, as far I am concerned might as well be oldies though IMO. And they are often not supported as mobile cards in drivers without modded infs - my 8700M GT cards are an example of this. Perhaps your 8400s are, that's terrific, I wonder why you're having trouble then, too bad. :)

Maybe it's a memory issue. How much do you have. I think the drivers are terrific. Not sure why you think they are unstable. I think they are just unstable for you?

Good luck!