LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF version 3.290

mobilenvidia

This is the INF some have been patiently waiting for, for sometime, my apologies for the delay.

But have just finished installing 185.66_vista x64 with this INF on Windows 7 and it works.

BUT only Vista 185.65 and 185.66 x86/x64 have gotten the treatment, will attempt XP hopefully shortly.

So get your selves to the relevant thread and grab the modded INF, replace the original one and then install.

I've tested it with my go7900GS and it works, I can't vouch for other GPU's as there are bound to be be exceptions :)

Enjoy.

[uPDATE]

Hmmm, driver installs fine, but upon closer inspection the control panel is not getting updated to 185.66

Running it separately give an error complaining "Setup failed to read the required Display driver to be used with this package"

And setup then stops.

[uPDATE II]

So I've gotten the actual driver to install and the cursed new Control Panel eludes us.

Below is 185.66 x64 with the control panel files extracted, using an older style INF I can make the Control Panel work.

BUT you can only open the control panel by running nvcplui.exe in the driver folder.

Everything works but the ability to open the control panel via desktop (this is where you can help me out)

[uPDATE III]

INF v3.291 has been made and no need to test any further :)

having a similar issue. control panel says 185.66 driver in windows 7 x64... however nvidia control panel says 179.29. this has also caused the performance rating to not be calculated so aero themes are disabled

Guest Guest
having a similar issue. control panel says 185.66 driver in windows 7 x64... however nvidia control panel says 179.29. this has also caused the performance rating to not be calculated so aero themes are disabled

precisely what I'm experiencing too

control panel doesn't update, aero gets disabled

upon running the aero repair wizard it now complains about the driver not being WDDM compliant

Yes the control panel is staying at the previous version, not updating at all.

I'm working on another driver where the CP updates but I can't get right click, nvidia control panel to come up.

Will mean a complete repack of driver to get this to work.

Yes the control panel is staying at the previous version, not updating at all.

I'm working on another driver where the CP updates but I can't get right click, nvidia control panel to come up.

Will mean a complete repack of driver to get this to work.

It wont enable from the view menu?

Everything works in the control panel, and it's 185.66 BUT you cannot call the CP via right click on the desktop.

It is available once you run nvplui.exe

I just cannot get the right click to work.

I may pack a version for others to try all the same.

where is attachment??

very wierd, all working fine for me.

pieter you could do it the old fashion way and extract files from the new control panel.exe and use the "old style inf" like tin the 182.05 series, that way cp will def be installed.

where is attachment??

Uploading now :)

very wierd, all working fine for me.

pieter you could do it the old fashion way and extract files from the new control panel.exe and use the "old style inf" like tin the 182.05 series, that way cp will def be installed.

Already done, but cannot get CP to show as link able on desktop

See first post for Vista/Windows 7 x64 version

shame, only for 64?

shame, only for 64?

It's what I can only test

You are the Man !!!

There are a lot of Pioneers like myself out there running Windows 7 64-bit that really appreciate all your tireless effort...

Thanx

Hoped you liked the intermission and a new INF has been made to fix all our troubles :)