LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m gt 3Dmark06

Kudas

The program I use to force my fan to max is called I8kfanGUI but I'm not sure it works for other brands than dell but give it a try anway.
cool, thanks man!

Did it work? I'd really like to know if it works on other computers than dell. Since my computer wasn't actualy in the supported list. but it was a dell.

?First you need Riva Tuner, Download

?Then when you have installed it. press the "Low-level system settings".

step1s.png

?Then switch to the tab "NVstrap Driver" Press the install button in the bottom of the window. (even though for me it stands Unistall since I've already installed it)

?Then go down to and go down to "PCI deviceID Settings"

?On the "Graphics adapter Identification" dropdown menu Select Custom.

?Then mark the "Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID programming" box.

?Then select "0400 (Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS)"

step2k.png

?When all steps done press Apply and reboot your computer.

I'm running at (Core/Shader/Memory) 710/1425/510mhz

to be able to run at that high clocks you need to allow higher clocks.

?Go to power user. (Click okay to the popup warning)

?Select "Rivatuner \ Overclocking \ Global"

?Then doubleclick on "MaxClockLimit" and write 2000. It should activate itself.(A yellow lighbulb should be next to it) otherwise rightclick on "MaxClockLimit" and press the yellow lighbulb.

step3d.png

Phew, that took some time to write and make. Make sure that when you get a nice girlfriend send her over to thank me.

thanks man i will to try it today :)

I didn't try the fan software on my laptop since it says its Dell-specific but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

And yes, its DDR3. I was debating before I got this machine to get 512MB DDR2 or 256MB DDR3 but some research convinced me to go with DDR3/less RAM.

Edited by Hidavi

thanks man i will to try it today :)

Okay good luck. Also don't try as high clocks as mine. start low and work your way up.

Also please don't quote the whole tutorial as it takes up a lot of space. ^_^

hi again :)

MiZore this tweak force to reinstall drivers? because when i reboot the system in the step 8 no detect nvidia drivers,

and this tweak increase the gpu temp?

PD: sorry, im write like a child in english XD :)

hi again :)

MiZore this tweak force to reinstall drivers? because when i reboot the system in the step 8 no detect nvidia drivers,

and this tweak increase the gpu temp?

I'm really sorry. I totaly forgot about that. yes you need to reinstall drivers. (I recomend a clean install.(if you don't know how to do that then ask XD))

About raised temps. Like the other person said, he got lowered temps. I have the same as before. So I guess it varies.

If i uninstall riva tuner after aply this tweak it still working?¿

If i uninstall riva tuner after aply this tweak it still working?¿

As I haven't done that yet I cannot answer. But it should still be working unless Riva Tuner uninstalls the NvStrap Driver.

thanks

and the last question :)

i have core 2 duo T7100 1,8ghz processor and i want to buy the T7700 2,4 ghz if i do the tweak and buy this new processor its a good configuration to play gta iv¿?

and other new games?

I will see de diference¿?

whoops, I was running a program in the back, my bad. SO I HAVE NO BROKEN THE 5K BARRIER!!!! ARGHGHHH!H!!!!!

highest3.jpg

WOOOOOT!!!!! 5038 BITCHES!!!!

My system without any mods, but with 675/1350/902 OC breaks the 6k barrier. Check the sig on the left.

Seems strange cause my stock unOC'd card gets higher marks than your previous benchmark. Try and do a test on stock settings and see what happens...

Edited by widescreen169

thanks

and the last question :)

i have core 2 duo T7100 1,8ghz processor and i want to buy the T7700 2,4 ghz if i do the tweak and buy this new processor its a good configuration to play gta iv¿?

and other new games?

I will see de diference¿?

Hmmm... I haven't play GTA IV but i've heard it's very CPU intense.

I have a T9300 @ 2.5ghz 6mb and I can run cryis phyiscs at Very High, but most new games demand most from the GPU, but still from 1.8 to 2.4 you'll see a huge difference in games where the cpu matters. And also it will not be a bottleneck.

Hmmm... I haven't play GTA IV but i've heard it's very CPU intense.

I have a T9300 @ 2.5ghz 6mb and I can run cryis phyiscs at Very High, but most new games demand most from the GPU, but still from 1.8 to 2.4 you'll see a huge difference in games where the cpu matters. And also it will not be a bottleneck.

ok thx

my cpu has 1mb of L2 cache and the T7700 has 4mb

I've also heard that this GPU is good at low resolutions because I usually use 1024 x 768, and if I have a T7700 will be good to play right?

if i can play with medium detail with a resolution of 1024 x I am more than happy