LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need help! Wrongly flashed my 9600M GT

d3dzyp

Hi guys,

Sorry for my poor English.

I have a Aspire 6935G with a 9600M GT, very powerful vga card. But i wanna to make it more powerful, so i use Nibitor to mod the bios. When i did this, i wrongly choose 9700M GT instead of 9600M GT. Like the pic showed below.

After that, i restart my laptop, and i got black screen. Tried nvflash -A - 5 -6 backup.rom(# i back up the origional bios) in dos mode, but with no luck.

Some people suggest that i'll need the vga card replaced, but i'm not sure if it's truly "dead", nor there is any way i can flash the backup bios into it. Can anyone plz help me with this?

Regards,

post-37694-1238948430_thumb.jpg

When i flash mine and i've done it like fifteen times, i use this line : nvflash-A -j -4 -5 -6 bios.rom

Try it with your backup bios...we never know...

And 9600M GT is not a "very" powerful vga card...just a middle class card ;-)

Edited by FrenchTouch

Thx for the replay:)

9600M GT is probably the best i can got for a MXM2 slot, and it's powerful for me, but this is not the main part.

I did what u wrote, still cannot flash the bios with a backup one. Any suggestion now? Or it's the only way i call acer up?

Do yo have access to the dos to load nvflash? Because you say you tried the line and also that you have blac screen. If the card prevent the computer from booting, even loading a dos command line, I don't think you can flash the backup bios...

I'm afraid that's why i couldn't flash the bios.

I restart my laptop, for the first half minute, i can turn it off by just pressing the power button. Once that time is passed, i'll have to press the power button for 3 seconds to shun down the computer. Does that matters?

I didn't hear any beeping nether within nor out of the 30-seconds.

How did you flash your bios in the first place, i mean do you boot on a usb boot key or something to deal with dos mode ????

Edited by FrenchTouch

I use nvflash windows version and did that on windows 7.

Have done that several times, except for changing to 9700M GT this time.

Since you can't load windows anymore, why don't you reflash your gpu bios by booting on a usb key in dos mode before windows opening ????

Try to be more specific in your explanations cause frankly i don't really get everything...First, did you use to flash your bios in windows mode or in dos mode ??? Then, when the black screen exactly appears, when windows is loading or before ???

Edited by FrenchTouch

Sorry for that.

I did flash the bios under Windows 7, then i restart the laptop and windows never loaded after that. I got black screen every time i boot my laptop.

I tried booting the laptop using a bootable usb stick which has the dos files on it. But after several times i realized the laptop isn't booting from the usb stick either.

any suggestion now?

yeah suggestion : Did you change the boot priority order to "usb key" in your bios in order to boot on the usb key ??? Cause if you didn't, it's normal that it doesn't boot on it. (In case you do not have "usb key" option in your boot priority order bios settings you can also boot on a cd ----> make a bootable cd-rom with nvflash and your backup gpu bios on it, then boot on the cd and when in dos mode, reflash your bios with the command line i gave you on my first post. It should work.

Oh I'm sure its booting you just don't have a VGA card anymore and you will basically have to do whats called a "Blind Flash" Make sure you have all the right stuff on your USB flash drive and use the command lines that you were given you will just have to do it without a screen and make sure you have inputted it all correctly.

Been a LONG time since I have had to do it (I once had to blind flash my 9800PRO way back in the day) It took a few tries but it can be done.

Yes, i have done the "blind flash" several times before, each time it works but not this time.

i plug in the bootable usb stick, it just keep flashing once a second, i type " nvflash.exe -4 -5 -6 rom.rom", but nothing changed.

i found myself in the same situation like Morris here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....art=#entry92458

Looks like he didn't find a way out, so what am i suppose to do?

thanks for all you replies:)

I don't understand why it doesn't work or maybe there's a thing you don't do the right way. Well, anyway let's say you've done all things right, in such a case and if you can't flash your vga bios anymore, seems like either you have to call Acer support (but warranty terms are overpassed so you'll have to pay...) or simply buy another MXM II card...

Edited by FrenchTouch

I guess after typing " nvflash.exe -4 -5 -6 rom.rom", you have to hit 'y' because the program is asking for confirmation.

While booting, do you se any IDE activity (the "hard drive led" blinking?)