LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best performing driver so far?

jonathanhammond89

Right now I have a 7400 go and I was wondering what is the best performing driver released so far. Whether it being dox or original. thanks

Hands down the 185.66 Vista x64 driver. With this release, its the first driver in the history of the XPS M1730 which allows proper PowerMizer functionality while running in SLI. Thanks to LV2Go my 8800M GTX clocks actually downclock with SLI enabled (based on GPU load). Prior to this driver, if the GPU's were running in SLI mode, the clocks were locked @ 500/799/1250. Now, they will downclock in 2D mode. Excellent!

But is it the fastest?

The best driver is sometimes subjective. Some drivers will perform better in other games, others are more stable and have less glitching, others are better for benchmarking, so it depends on the application. If you don't know play it safe and go with the official nvidia drivers at their website.

The latest drivers are the fastest but a handful of games have game-breaking artifacts like Counter-Strike: Source. I can NOT wait for a stable release of the 185 drivers.