LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is this too hot?

DJ Josh

Specs:

Core 2 Duo T8100 @ 2.1GHz

nVidia 8600m GT

When my Video card is default settings I get it on average 55C. When I crank up a game or two, it gets up to 65C.

The CPU never goes anywhere near as hot, which is normal for what I've read about newer Core 2 Duos, they're cool. (Pun)

Is 65C for gaming too hot for my video card?

Edited by DJ Josh

Nope, most people actually go higher (especially if you have a m1530). 65 C is a great GPU temperature while gaming.

ROFL!!! You lucky SOB! Mine gets to 96c. I took the limiter off once and it climbed to 110c.

Then would be overclocking be a mediocre okay idea for me?

The 8600M GT has a lot of overclocking potential actually. If your GPU temps are that low to begin with then overheating on an overclock is your last worry, just make sure you don't try to clock it too high. I simply use RivaTuner since all you have to do are move the sliders to difference hertz and set it; however, there are a multitude of ways to overclock which you can find throughout this forum. Good luck!