LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What benchmarks do you want?

Covert

Since my desktop broke down I'm building myself a new computer with a few bits from the old one but getting a new NVIDIA GTS 250 1GB. I've already done a lot of benchmarks on my 8600M GT laptop here since the 100 series. I've been unable to continue doing that benchmark since I wildly reinstall my computer with Ubuntu Studio, XP, Windows 7, Vista, and their 64-bit counterparts and everytime I do I have had to make sure I left my Vista x64 partition for benchmarks.

As of now I'm using Windows XP x86 :)

So, questions:

Would you prefer GTS 250 benchmarks or 8600M GT benchmarks? Both!?

Did you like the style of my old benchmarks with an XLS exported image clip of all the benches? Or would you prefer text like in basically every other benchmark? however I cannot sort those (without a lot of time).

What would you like benches for? I can do:

Games - Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Stalker: Clear Sky (Or SOC), Unreal Tournament 3 BLACK, and Trackmania: United Forever

Benchmark apps - 3DMark05, 3DMark06, 3DMark Vantage (If I install Vista/ W7), Nvidia demos, or any of the benchmarks here.

Choose wisely.

Prefer the laptop benchmarks.

Like your existing style of doing them.

Good mix of older and more recent dx9 and at least one dx10 with 3dmark06 on Vista x64.

Those are my votes and also based on what I suspect an average reader would want (except the OS perhaps).

Cheers Covert.

I'd also say the 8600M GT or both

Image style is good :)

For games : crysis warhead and a source engine based game

And 3Dmark06 for benchmark

Crysis + HL2 + 3DMark06

Your last benchs were very good, style was just fine. Good to see you back in da business.

Oh yeah, I'd prefer laptop benchs :)

Thanks for the input :) , I'm thinking:

8600M GT Benchmarks for as many drivers as I have time for (Should be easier as I'll leave this computer alone more when once I set up my rig).

GTS 250 benchmarks for every NVIDIA WHQL release.

Crysis Warhead, 3DMark06, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast for benching.

Another question, what operating system would you like them to be done on?

I'm using XP so I will be benching with Crysis DX9 (However Crysis doesn't use true DX10 anyway as the whole internet knows). I'm really wanting Windows 7 to get a retail release so I don't have to keep installing new betas which give inconsistent scores.

So, OS for the desktop & OS for the laptop? (Vista, XP, W7, Ubuntu running WINE, or their 64-bit counterparts?)