LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[Free Tool] NV GPU Pro for Nvidia graphic cards

Good_Bytes

Hello all,

I am exited to present to you my new simple tool that I have made for Nvidia Geforce and Quadro series graphic cards for laptop and desktop computers, named Nv GPU Pro.

Nv GPU Pro, allows you to change several Nvidia video card settings that are not normally available to the end user, such as Enable/Disable: Temperature control GPU clock, GPU core/memory clock slow down, change the Nvidia PoweMizer behavior, and more. All of this, in a an easy to use interface, and help documentation.

Now supports systems with multiple GPU's, and 197 drivers series of Nvidia and much more...

Screen shots (click to enlarge)

main_SLI_small.png

pm_SLI_small.png

wei_small.png

About

This tool will automatically detect what your video card/driver supports and disable the unsupported option to prevent any problems. No installation required. 1 file package executable application, just run the exe... everything is in itself, including help documentation, with auto-clean up system when the application is closed. No MESS!

Nv GPU Pro, was designed for past, current and future Microsoft Windows operating system, without any compatibility issue (hopefully). Nv GPU Pro 2.1 build 107, has been tested to work under Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32/64 and Windows 7 32/64!

Notes:

• Clean.
    This software is ads, Worms, Virus, Infections, Spywares, Trojans, Adware Free. No install, and keeps everything clean on your system. 100% portable!

• Administrator.
    Administration privileges are require to change settings as it affects all users.

What's new?

• New - Multi-GPU support (up to 2 GPUs).

• New - Support for 197 driver series.

• New - Support for 196 driver series.

• New - System Windows Experience Index rating on 'Basic system information' panel. (Vista/7 only)

• New - View details of the Windows Experience Index benchmark. (Vista/Win7 only)

• New - Save and Print Windows Experience Index benchmark details.

• New - Check for updates of Nv GPU Pro system.

• Improved - Windows 7 support.

• Improved - Unsupported GPU or drivers error messages.

• Improved - Backup engine. Performs full graphic driver configuration backup and restore.

• Improved - GPU detection system.

• Improved - Part of system scanning process is cached in itself for faster startup next time, all by being able to detect if the executable has changed systems.

• Improved - Help documentation updated and new look.

• Fixed - XP showing RAM amount incorrectly.

• Fixed - Several bug fixes.

• Fixed - Minor UI bug fixes.

View demo of Windows Experience Index (WEI) detail benchmark: here

I hope you enjoy this software and find it useful as much I had great pleasure doing it for all of you guys.

NEW VERSION

Download:

Version: 2.1 Build 107

Download: Nv GPU Pro

Please support the project, Donate.

Feel free to tell me what you think! :)

Thank you for all those who contributed already!

Edited by Good_Bytes

Welcome,

"pluged-in" plugged in (no hyphen)

Nice little program.

Are the Powermizer features compatible with the 185 series drivers?

We have the Powermizer Switch app, but that isn't.

Hmm... it doesn't work for me.

capturenfo.png

I'm running W7 x64 and I have a Geforce 8600m GT

If you want I can proved more info if it's needed.

Edit: also running DOX 182.46

Edited by MiZore

Welcome,

"pluged-in" plugged in (no hyphen)

Thanks, I'll fix that one on the next release.

Nice little program.

Thanks

Are the Powermizer features compatible with the 185 series drivers?

We have the Powermizer Switch app, but that isn't.

I am aware of it. My application has been tested under the 179 and 182 drivers. It SHOULD work with 185, unless Nvidia did something major with the drivers.

It was just reported to me that it does not work with 185.66 (a beta release), today. I am looking into it, as we speak. I'll also have a look at 185.68 (beta).

Hmm... it doesn't work for me.

capturenfo.png

I'm running W7 x64 and I have a Geforce 8600m GT

If you want I can proved more info if it's needed.

Edit: also running DOX 182.46

Sorry to hear that, but I am afraid I don't currently support DOX driver, yet (Nvidia's ones already has my hand tight for the moment). Although, I do plan to. I would be looking into it, after the next release thus, which should be soon.

Edited by Good_Bytes

Oooook, bad news.

After a quick look, it seams that Nvidia did some big changes with the 185 drivers. This is going to be interesting, which means it will take me a lot more time.

Yep, didn't work with 185.65.

I dont think these will work with my drivers, since those settings are already found in pieter's modded inf,

I assume the exe would look to find if they are in registery so you can turn it on/off?

since I dont include those in there, it will not work?

That is correct.

I am working on an option that will add the missing registry items to enable them.

Right now, as we speak, I am testing on my laptop these 185 series drivers, to see if I add the missing keys if I can control these options.

I also have to see, if these options, especially powermizer, was removed just because it has problems. That is the problem with Beta drivers, they are still under development. And then test (I try to not screw up you guys registry :) ), add it to the tool, see how to properly integrate it with UI.

Nothing is easy when you want to keep quality a priority :)

Ok... well just to say to all.

PowerMizer is supported in driver 185 series. I installed the same drivers 185.66 on both my laptop and desktop computer.

On my laptop my tool still works (yes, I clean my registry to make sure there is no left overs), but on my desktop, which only had PowerMizer setting on or off, now are gone, and force to be on.

However, adding the missing keys fixed the problem.

Stay tune for the update. :)

New version released!

This version has a lot of changes, making it increase from version 1.0 to 1.1.

What's New? (version: 1.1 build 64)

• New - Support for Nvidia Forceware display driver 185 series.
  • New - Support for DOX Optimized Nvidia Forceware display driver.
  • New - Ability to override Nvidia display driver to enable or disable settings.
  • New - Support for old video cards (7000 series and older).
  • Improved - Detection of supported video cards.
  • Improved - Detection of system type and operating system.
  • Fixed - Minor spelling mistakes on program and help documentation.
  • Fixed - User interface problems.

Check out the first post for the new version.

Enjoy! :)

This is awesome! Good work man! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have 2 big announcements which I am really exited to share with your guys.

The first is Nv GPU Pro 2.0. With the great success of Nv GPU Pro and encouraging words by everyone, I decided to continue the development of this software for the longest as I can. To help me do so, I had to rewrite the hole core of my software for easier to update support for coming up drivers and add new and interesting features to the program.

What new?

• New - User interface with better OS integration.
  • New - Backup system.
  • New - Basic system information panel.
  • New - Donate button.
  • New - Support for 186 series drivers.
  • Improved - Detection of supported video cards.
  • Improved - Detection of system type and operating system.
  • Improved - Performance increase.
  • Improved - Uses ~23% less memory.
  • Fixed - PowerMizer bug fix on 18x and 16x drivers, where settings where not being applied.
  • Fixed - Minor bug fixes with the override system.

To continue with the great quality of the software, I have no choice to drop support for Microsoft Windows 9x, Me, NT3.x and NT4. However, I believe that this should affect anyone. For those who are affected, you can still download version 1.1

The second announcement is the release of Nv GPU Pro website.

http://www.nvgpupro.com

One place to for you and me to share the latest release of Nv GPU Pro, release beta versions, present what is the software better, and provide better support of the software, as well as overclocking, just general system technical problems help and more via the new forum.

I also now accept donations via the website

I hope you enjoy the new site, forum and most importantly the new release of Nv GPU Pro.

Download Nv GPU Pro 2.0 Build 624

Edited by Good_Bytes

Doesn't work for my FX 770M, driver version 185.85.

This application is for computers featuring Nvidia Geforce of Quadro graphic cards. NV GPU Pro does not support your system or driver.

Detected Display Adapter: NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M

Edited by sp00n

I have PM you with instructions on how to help me find the problem and release a fix as soon as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got problem with my 9600M GT too, i cannot run the application.

Register at this forum or on the Nv GPU Pro forum (http://www.nvgpupro.com) so that I can send Private message you or send me an e-mail, for me to send you a beta version, which I think may have your problem solved.

Edited by Good_Bytes

• 4 weeks later...

Presenting a new version of NvGPUPro!

Version 2.0 Build 628

What is new?

• New - Support for 190 series drivers.
  • Improved - Backup system.
  • Improved - Support the Quadro FX 770M.
  • Fixed - License Agreement for first time users.
  • Fixed - "Change destination" button in backup feature.

This version still doesn't support multiple GPU and SLI setup. I can reassure you that it is the works. :)

Download Latest NvGPUPro.

If you enjoy this software, and want to continue it's development, please donate. I try my best to avoid any ads, toolbar, or junk of any kind on the software and on the website. I sure do hope I can keep it this way. And the only way I can achieve this is from your contributions.

ANY donation is appreciated. Click here to Donate.

For different donation methods other than credit card, please e-mail me at: e2.png.

Remember that once you donated in total 10$ or over, you will gain access to the beta release of the software.

Thank you very much.

And thank you again to all whom already donated.

This is a very nice app and all, but I am worried about this:

beztytuuvyc.jpg

Might be a false alarm though.

This is a very nice app and all, but I am worried about this:

Might be a false alarm though.

This is a false positive reaction from the Anti-virus

Most A/V software works by looking for "signatures" (sequences of bytes) or commonly used sequences of instructions that have been previously spotted in virus infected applications.

An heuristic approach like this is necessary for real-time detection but there are problems with false positives when the people who create the signature databases are more concerned with getting updates out than getting accurate updates out.

It is important to use a proper well programed Anti-virus software. As you saw clearly, it's only one being detected as one.

Because my applications include library files included in the exe, it can easily trigger an virus alert from a badly design database or virus scanning system where instead of targeting the virus code and analyst it, they analyst the hole virus, which could have been using the same programming library as I used to make this virus, especially if they did like me, where the library file is included in the exe.

Anti-virus that I trust (no specific order):

- Kasperky

- Avast

- AVG

- Nod32

- Microsoft OneCare / Security Essentials

I don't know how your software you used with all these virus scanner works.. if they go all at the same time, that will create conflicts and render all of them ineffective. Something mentioned on any Internet Security and Anti-virus application web site.

Edited by Good_Bytes

• 8 months later...

Well it's been some time, since a new release was done for Nv GPU Pro. On this beautiful day, I am exited to present you with a new release of Nv GPU Pro, and updated website!

Nv GPU Pro 2.1 Build 107 Feature cool new features!

What's new?

-
Multiple GPU system support
(up to 2).

If your system has 2 Nvidia graphic cards, you can tweak both of them individually to best fit your needs.

-
and
driver series support.

-
View Windows Experience Index (WEI) benchmark details
(Vista/Win7)

You can now view the detail benchmark scoring of Windows Experience Index providing more meaning to the WEI score. The scoring information can be saved and printed to help comparing drivers or for quick overclock benchmark.

Here is an
. This feature is also available from Nv GPU Pro even on systems that does NOT have an Nvdiia graphic card.

-
Check for update

This feature will inform you of new beta and official releases with a simple mouse click.

-
New backup and restore system

This improved feature backups the entire driver configuration including your game profiles set in the Nvidia Control Panel to help you restore these after a Windows re-installation, or system transfer.

-
Improved system scanning system.

Now caches system scans in itself for faster scanning at next run. The system is smart enough to detect if Nv GPU Pro has changed systems from where it will execute a full scanning, and re-caching. Making it ideal as a portable application (works on USB memory stick and disks directly from them).

and more!

Screen shots

main_SLI_small.png

pm_SLI_small.png

wei_small.png

Check out
for a whole set of additional screen shots of the new Nv GPU Pro.

What's new for the Web site?

- New section called Release Candidate has been added for Nv GPU Pro contributors (see site for details).

- Improved look, and now in PHP.

- The new website feature a new log-in system for contributors, which allows them to:

• see all their contributions to Nv GPU Pro,
    easily access
    to beta, release candidate, and archive sections.

• Choose if they want or not to
    show their contribution publicly
    with additional privacy features linked to this (show name or custom nickname, show/hide contribution)

• Decide if they want to receive
    e-mail notification
    on new release of Nv GPU Pro.

• And, In addition to all this, contributors can
    finally
    change their passwords to what they like.

For my contributors, an e-mail notification and information about the new system will be sent to you tomorrow.

See it all at:

Download

Download:

Donate:

Thank to all who contributed and your thank you all for your great feedback! I could have not done it without your help! :)

Edited by Good_Bytes

WOW this is so professionally done...kudos