LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.68

Dox

I think it is still safe, the throttle back limit for my card( BIOS default) is 130ºC. of corse it is TOO HOT and should NOT be reached, and the temp u r talking about is while heavy Gameplay.

for me I use the maximum limit of 93 ºC

my idle is about 56ºC

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Carlos_rpg

• zipper

• Exostenza

90ºC may still be considered safe but higher temperature will eventually decrease your card performance so always use cooler. as for myself to make it as cheap as possible i made it using USB desk fan (which speed around 4000+RPM i guess) and face it directly to the GPU chip (the bottom cover is removed so i know exactly where the chip is). with this solution my notebook temperature always keep at 45ºC to 65ºC compared to 60ºC to 90ºC w/o cooler.

Working perfectly in XP here, two GeForce 7950 GTXs in SLI mode. Can finally properly resume from standby!!! :)

Does this release support Nvidia CUDA , so CoreAVC Professional can use hardware acceleration?

Guest Thothie

In an effort to emplore you not to dump your XP user support:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

XP users make up over 60% of the gamer market. While Vista users make up a mere 26%.

So many things just don't work right under Vista, which is really just a glorified shell coupled with a media protection layer squatting on top of an XP kernel anyways, that if anything, Vista support is what should be dropped. If not for all the folks who fell victim to cheap systems that were rigged so they could only run on Vista, I suspect the OS would have gone the way of Windows ME long ago.

I might upgrade to Windows 7 someday, but I suspect it's going to be merely Windows Vista Service Pack 4, so I'll stick with XP as long as possible.

Lack of legacy support from nVidia (such as the recent crappy OpenGL support), is what has been driving me away from nVidia, more than anything else. (That, and shrinking driver features - I stopped using my extra monitor when they dumped nView - too much hassle.) :)

Guest Guest

Nvidia told us that 105c is a safe operating temp for the 9800m GT / and afue other new gpu cores ... any thing higher and u should prob do some thing about it..

mine seems to max at 88c which is safe..

so yer... alot of people freak out and worrie.. i think the hardware out atm can take ALOT higher temps than the older stuff. I remember when just a slight increase in temp would cause massive artifecting and stuff... ive never seen any artifacting on any modern GPUs (last 1-2years)...

really nice drivers Dox... my temps have gone from 78c load to 88c load... in a m860tu but its totaly worth the performance.

if only i could squeez as much out of my poor 2.4 duelcore -_-

thanks for the tweaks.

That's migth be a stuped question but... did u press the install at the end of Dox installer?

Yea I pressed install. Turns out it just made a folder in my cluttered desktop and it didn't run the installer automatically. When I found the folder, I installed it manually from there and it worked.

Sorry, but that survey does not prove that only 26% of gamers use Vista, just that 60% of people that could be bothered to respond to a steam survey use XP, and they can't be arsed going to a shop to buy a game, so no surprise they don't want to upgrade their OS and want to make that known.

105c has not been claimed as a safe operating temperature, it's the cut off temp for the card. :)

steam is not an be all and end all of hardware surveys.

I have steam and play css on and off and cna never be bothered to take the survey.

But the next release will most definitely be the last release for xp.

105c has not been claimed as a safe operating temperature, it's the cut off temp for the card. :)

And in practice it works differently, my go5700 had a safety clockdown temperature of 125C in CP, but it clocked down at about 92 C.

Guest Guest

Got a Sparkle 9600GT passiv cooled here on WinXP32bit SP3. The original 185.68 driver gives me a BSOD after reboot. Was able to kill the driver in vga mode. With the DOX driver my realtek driver disappeares and comes back if i reinstall 182.50 Whql. Have an ALC 882 with 2.22 drivers. Same results with drivers back to 2.18.

Is there a solution to use Video AND Audio with the 185.68beta?

BTW. If i start my PC and my 2. display (Beamer PT-AE 3000) isn't turned on i'm not able to activate the dualview mode. Only clone mode and spanning appears if a activate my 2. display after booting.

Thanks a lot

Guest Guest

It's me again. To this point:

BTW. If i start my PC and my 2. display (Beamer PT-AE 3000) isn't turned on i'm not able to activate the dualview mode. Only clone mode and spanning appears if a activate my 2. display after booting.

Your driver don't have this problem. Great! Nvidia should hire you.

can not dowload xp driver

Link works fine for me. You can find mirrors here.

Guest Guest

The Steam survey has been participated in by over 2 million users - better than 20% of the Steam community. It is automated, and thus unaffected by personal opinion. It has been used in corporate presentations to various hardware share holders and has even been referenced in more than one court case. It is thus a heavily relied upon industry standard. There is no gamer community larger, save for that hosted by WoW, and their own hardware surveys, though not as thorough, run much along the same lines.

There's nothing I can do to change the minds of Vista fans, anymore than I can of Mac fans, but I leave the reality of the facts here in hopes that truth will prevail. Regardless of what you do or do not do with this information, I wish you luck in your endeavors.

lol,

we vista "fans" are evil for using vista and that we dumb not to stick to xp?

Its nothing about being a fan of vista, its just I personally have no motivation to continue optimising xp nvidia drivers.

I'm personally satified I've done all i can/wanted with the xp drivers - nothing more, nothing less, its nothing to do with surveys or how many people are going to use it.

thx DOX!

but it seem that i can't download the drivers?there 're sth wrong with my net or ?

i am from china.

Guest Guest

"This may be my last XP release, not too sure yet, but I've no love for it anymore."

NOOOOOoooooo!!!

Note:

Five Stages Of Grief

1. Denial and Isolation.

2. Anger.

3. Bargaining.

4. Depression.

5. Acceptance.

I must be doing good because I've just skipped to #4.

Dear Dox

Can you tell how to fix the brightness problem. Fn+brightness button don't work anymore, with official driver its working

my screen alway as lowest brightness mode after i install your 180.44 Nvidia driver for XP x32.

my computer is IBM T61P T7700,4G,Nvidia FX 570M 256M, 1920x1200, windows XP SP3.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

To my system, dv6405 amd64x2 geforce go 6150, same speed as Dox 182.05, but, lower temps (minus 4C) ful load 73C, powermizer ok, everything fine.

Tested Doom3 21.7fps average. This lappy does not run a better game. :)

Gr8 job Dox, keep it up.

Dox, does this release support Nvidia CUDA , so CoreAVC Professional can use hardware acceleration?